Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Where can I get testosterone?!!!  (Read 8935 times)

aurora

Re: Where can I get testosterone?!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2018, 07:13:38 PM »

I suddenly started to get urinary urgency which I'd not previously had and on research found it could be due to testosterone deficiency. It improved very quickly and I now have no isssues of that sort. I also find it quite energising (I am very sensetive to everything though I don't know if other people would react as quickly or to such a small amount.) I put it on the back of my neck as I find it kicks in v quickly. Also had less headaches. I've never had libido issues so can't comment on that. Also whatever gel it's in doesn't give me problems unlike estrogel which causes huge sneezing fits.

It's all so individual though you may react competely differently.

Mandyjw

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2018, 07:25:43 PM »

Thanks for the update aurora
 :-*
I'll order some as my GP won't give it to me, and my testosterone bloods were 0.02
Back of the neck, that's interesting wouldn't see any extra hair there! 😂
Thanks for the heads up on this!
I love MM xx

aurora

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2018, 08:19:56 PM »

You're welcome Mandy - hope it helps :) xx

Zara69

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2018, 02:03:27 PM »

Hello...Does anyone know if this is a reputable company? Does this gel really contain Testosterone? Has anyone else used this with good results?  I've been on standard HRT for over a year and would like to try this...my surgery were shocked that I would even ask to try a hormone for men!🙄

Mandyjw

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2018, 03:50:56 PM »

Zara69
I've ordered it and it arrived today
I'll keep you posted
Mandy x

Zara69

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2018, 05:00:45 PM »

Thank you! Good luck I hope it works...how much will you use if it comes in a pot?

Mandyjw

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2018, 06:36:09 PM »

Just a small fingertip dab a day Zara x

Hurdity

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2018, 06:38:01 PM »

I don't want to be a killjoy but..... I'm going to be  ;D

Please all be very careful about buying testosterone from the internet - firstly you don't know what you are getting and secondly self-medicating with this hormone is really not advised generally.

it's probably intended for men but that doesn't really matter tbh it's only the amount you use which differs it doesn't need to be specially formulated

The thing is  - even if it is what it says it is ie testosterone - if you are getting 2 % T in a pot - it is very easy to have too much. I mean the doses aren't measured out and even in a pot it isn't ideal for men as measured doses are what is needed.

If you consider that 2 % T is the same concentration as Tostran which comes as a pump pack and even so this is twice the conc of the other T gel sachets. Compared with oestrogel for example - this is 0.06 % so less than a third the concentration of the 2 % T gel - and we also use more oestrogen gel  than the T gel - and it is the primary female hormone. At a lower concentration as in Oestrogel - there is less room for error. We only need a tiny amount of testosterone and at 2 %  a greater or lesser dab could make a huge difference. Also the Chelsea and Westminster clinic recommend 1 pump of Tostran ( which is 0.5 g gel) to be used twice a week and no more than 3 x so using blobs daily may well be too much.

The other thing is the full effects of T may only become apparent after 4-5 months since it works at the genetic (cellular) level so androgenic effects could gradually build up unawares. For this reason after starting testosterone (being prescribed it) T levels should be monitored regualrly (even though blood tests for T in women are somewhat inaccurate) - so that excessive doses can be picked up before androgenic changes take place.

I am not trying to be scare-mongering - but really sounding an extreme note of caution against buying pots of concentrated 2 % T gel from the internet and self-medicating with it, without medical supervision.

I really do sympathise with everyone's frustration at the post-code lottery of who can get it on NHS and also because there is no licensed, appropriately formulated product to give the right dosage for women - but please please be careful and make sure you understand about concentrations and amounts before dabbing it on liberally...

Zara69 your doctors are ignorant if they don't know that women have testosterone in their bodies! Have they not read the NICE Guidelines either? Maybe you can educate them  ::)

Hurdity x

Brooke

• First Flush
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2022, 12:35:07 PM »

Hi, just found this post now. Would you still have the name of the website? The link was removed from here and I wish to check it out as well cause having a hard time to get it with the GP :(
Pages: 1 [2]