Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti  (Read 785 times)

Cab6

Evorel conti
« on: August 30, 2022, 05:15:03 PM »

Hi, I'm new to the forum & HRT. Only started on Evorel conti patches just over a week ago at 56.   So far the patches have helped with hot flushes but I feel tired, tearful, no energy & some stomach bloating. Anyone else had this experience? Does it get better? Grateful for any advice.

flossie fiddler

Re: Evorel conti
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 05:34:30 PM »

I’m sorry you’re feeling that way. Did you get 3 months supply? I was fortunate in that I started last Tuesday and within 12 hours, pretty much all symptoms have disappeared and I had loads of energy. It was very dramatic - but it was wen I went on Evorel Sequi back in 2013. I realise that I’m very fortunate in finding something that works for me on the first time.

It might be that you need time to settle down. Or it might be that it’s not the right formulation for you. Many people don’t get the right preparation first time. Don’t give up, keep getting advice from your medical professional, until you get the one that’s right for you.

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 07:28:03 PM »

Hi, I'm new to the forum & HRT. Only started on Evorel conti patches just over a week ago at 56.   So far the patches have helped with hot flushes but I feel tired, tearful, no energy & some stomach bloating. Anyone else had this experience? Does it get better? Grateful for any advice.
Hi Cab6, welcome to the forum.
The general advice is to give any HRT regime 2 or 3 months to settle down. As you've only been using it for a week or so, give it a bit longer. At least it's helping a bit with the flushes, which is good. Hopefully you will see further improvements in time.
JP x

Jellyb

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 08:25:35 PM »

Hi Cab6
I'm on those too, have been for years. It might be that you need to cut your patch down slightly, that's what I do - half a patch, twice a week.

Cab6

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2022, 11:41:55 AM »

Thanks all that's really helpful, I'll give it a while longer. Maybe I was expecting too much too soon, I was just excited to feel normal again but will see how it goes. Thank you again for your replies X

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2022, 03:15:05 PM »

It can take linger than you expect so you need to give it time. My anxiety and insomnia took 3 months. Flushes are usually the first to go.

Katejo

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2022, 05:46:52 PM »

I also started them at 56 but was advised to start on half patches as a gradual introduction. I moved to full after about 5-6 weeks. I didn't have any of the side effects which you mentioned.