Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Period - bleeding and wedding day nightmare  (Read 632 times)

Kerri77

• First Flush
Period - bleeding and wedding day nightmare
« on: August 30, 2022, 03:40:08 PM »

Any advise re wedding honeymoon

I recently started hrt patch evoril 50and progesterone pills 15th August. I had just finished my natural cycle .
Within days of HRT I have a full blown heavy period again . And I’m still bleeding now two weeks in I have always had horrendous periods

What I’m worried about is 11 November I get married . 13th November I fly to Jamaica 2 weeks

I really can’t have a period on my wedding day , I have to change every 30 minutes and use double protection , likewise I don’t want to bleed on honeymoon

I asked gp if o could use the tablet to delay periods but she says no not really cos I’m already on progesterone and it will be too much   

Has anyone else been in the same situation :((((( my main thing is I just want not to bleed in a white dress it will be a disaster

Hurdity

Re: Period - bleeding and wedding day nightmare
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 04:18:10 PM »

Hi Kerry77

:welcomemm:

So sorry to hear about your dilemma and the awful thought of bleeding in a white dress - I really sympathise!

How old are you and what were your periods doing before you started HRT?
What are the symptoms that have led you to starting HRT?
Are you taking the progesterone continuously? What dose?

If you are still peri-menopausal you should be taking the progestogens cyclically. In addition you should probably not have started the progesterone immediately if you had just finished your period though it may well help to shed some of the lining?

Is it Utrogestan that you are taking?

Depending on your answers I might suggest some things but off the cuff ideas as there is still time - are:

1 Having a Mirena coil to cope with the bleeding and hope that any bleeding you still have by then is very light.

2 Asking for a synthetic progestogen instead of utrogestan (if that's what you have been given) - these are better at controlling bleeding than Utrogestan. eg norethisterone or MPA (Provera) and possibly take it for longer than the 12-14 days normally given for cyclical HRT eg 21 days. If your periods have been few and far between it could be that your lining has built up due to anovulatory cycles (no ovulation) and needs to shed. A couple of cycles of strong progestogen may help to shed it if so?

3 Depending on your age, maybe consider taking a combined contraceptive pill - even in the short term this may help, but I would start asap. I'm no expert on these but possibly ask on here, but you would need to start very soon.

It is possible to take tablets to delay periods (I remember doing so in my teens due to exams, for two months but I had the most awful period pains - like labour contractions - when I eventually stopped it) and in fact the Pill can be used back to back to avoid a bleed but if the lining has built up you may bleed somewhat initially, but perhaps it would settle in 10 weeks?

I'm sorry I'm not more knowledgeable on the different methods to use but hopefully someone else who has been through this will be along

Hurdity x