Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bloated stomach.....anyone recommend any diuretics?  (Read 1035 times)

Vicky81

Bloated stomach.....anyone recommend any diuretics?
« on: August 29, 2022, 08:17:51 PM »

Hi all

So over the past 5 weeks I've had a huge swollen bliated stomach,, especially the part under my breasts. I'm not overly skinny anyway,, I'm only 5 foot and size 12-14.

Anyway I've cut back on alot of things,, but I'm guessing this is water retention.

Can anyone recommend any good diuretics to help beat my bloat?

Vicky xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bloated stomach.....anyone recommend any diuretics?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 09:15:54 PM »

MayB ask at your local Pharmacy? 

I remember awful bloating b4 a period  >:( and these days, I can't drink bl/T 2 sugars after 1.00 p.m. or I get dreadful wind/nausea  :'(.  I'm trailing other drinks for the afternoons.

JenniferKnowles

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 07:24:47 AM »

Oh my days, i have terrible wind too! had this for weeks now....

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 08:39:00 AM »

It's awful  :-X.  Mine doesn't seem connected to anything other than a cuppa later in the day  >:(

Vicky81 - R U bloated all day or does it grow the more you eat/drink?  In the early hours I was completely flat and nothing was happening inside, makes a change; no wind, nausea, odd feelings. 

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 09:33:16 AM »

All my stomach problems came when I started hrt.
Up until menopause hit, I was able to eat anything I wanted. Not anymore.
I’m now gluten free, suffered horrendous stomach cramps, excess wind, bloating, you name it, I had it. At one point, I couldn’t even walk round the block with my dog because the pain was so bad.
Went to the doctor, who tested me for crohns , ulcerative colitis, ect….all came back normal. Only test I didn’t have was for coeliac. I’d already gone gluten free at that point, and wasn’t going to start eating normal foods again for about 6/8 weeks, just to get a diagnosis. The pain and bloating was just too much to bear again. I knew going gluten free was making me better, no more running to the loo, no bloat, and certainly no wind.
It’s hard to get used to at first, but you soon pick up what you can have and can’t.
I’m not sure if hrt, or just getting older with meno hitting, what’s caused it. But it’s such a relief knowing I’m not searching for stuff to take for the bloat, ect….anymore. xx

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2022, 10:44:09 AM »

What did you cut out jillydoll?

(PM if it's better ;-))