Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Starting a New Experiment  (Read 748 times)

Kathleen

Starting a New Experiment
« on: August 28, 2022, 12:40:43 PM »

Hello ladies.

I have decided  to begin a new experiment  with my HRT and I would welcome any comments  or opinions.

Due to bleeding  and tender breasts I have been reducing my 100mcg sachets of Sandrena gel from three to one.
I have also been  reducing  the amount of testosterone (Androfeme) that I use.  At one point I was applying 0.75 mcg of the cream but now use 0.30 so I am  thinking of stopping the  testosterone  altogether.

I am still with Newson Health  but I have been  left to my own devices  until my next follow up appointment  in January next year. Fortunately  the bleeding etc  has resolved  on the lower dose but I recall  that testosterone  was only prescribed when my Oestrogen  reached a certain  level and I expect those levels  are now too low.

I am very much post meno and my only remaining symptoms are the emotional ones of feeling  low and tearful,  some anxiety,  irritability  and mood swings.  I wonder if the testosterone  is making these changes worse by adding  to the general hormonal imbalance?

Testosterone never was the magic bullet  for me although  I think other ladies  find it very helpful.

I would welcome  any thoughts ladies and if I decide  to go ahead  with my experiment I will keep  you all updated.

Wishing  everyone well.

K.

Floo36

Re: Starting a New Experiment
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 12:48:10 PM »

Hi Kathleen,

Sometimes we do need to experiment to find out what works for us.  I truly believe that it is an increase in Estrogen that you need for your symptoms. I think I remember you saying that bloods have not been done since being on the Sandrena but then it’s symptoms that are important rather than levels. 

Testosterone doesn’t seem to do anything for me either unfortunately but we have to try these things don’t we.

Have you tried going up to 4 sachets?

Flan747

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 01:47:49 PM »

Hi Kathleen, I too am wondering if the testosterone is causing some of my problems. I’ve been focusing on getting the estrogen right but it never occurred to me it could be the T? Good luck xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 03:01:52 PM »

Good luck Kathleen.
You could do with some let up of symptoms.
Let us know how your getting on, and I wish you all the best with the experiment.
I’ve never used T, so I don’t know what it’s like.
Good luck, xx

Perinowpost

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 03:36:01 PM »

Hi Kathleen we’ve spoken about this many times before, and for me testosterone has a negative affect if I take too much. I can only manage a petit pois size blob 3 x per week (Mon/Weds/Fri). If I take anymore I feel irritable and sad. So therefore, I feel cautiously optimistic for you that less T will help.

Also, I think you’ve done the right thing lowering your oestrogen. I’ve seen time and again on here when people up their O dose hoping for a positive response, but in fact most have more success with an average dose.

Let us know how you get on xx

Marchlove

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2022, 04:14:29 PM »

Good luck with it all Kathleen, I wish you every success.

I no longer take testosterone but just 5mg of oral Dhea (which is a very low dose) and this is all I feel I need.

You might find this article helpful in how to reduce estrogen slowly and so keeping withdrawal side effects to a minimum.

https://www.cemcor.ubc.ca/resources/stopping-estrogen-treatment-sometimes-called-%E2%80%9Chrt%E2%80%9D

I’m on a very low dose now and it’s the best I’ve been for awhile.

M x

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2022, 12:12:08 PM »

Hello ladies.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond.

Floo36  -  I take your point about more oestrogen  but I am fearful of the return  of the bleeding  and breast tenderness.  I had some investigations and was told that these problems  were definitely  due to HRT so I feel  I have no choice but to reduce my dose unfortunately.

Flan 747 -  Newson  Health  were confident that testosterone  was the missing  ingredient for me but I didn't  notice much benefit.  I did develop hairy thighs where I applied  the cream but that lessened  as I lowered  the dose.  I also became  more irritable and aggressive  which I didn't  much like!

Jillydoll  -  thank you for your support and I will keep the forum updated.  I note that many ladies have not used testosterone so perhaps it isn't necessary  for everyone.

Perinowpost  -   your comment about testosterone  making you feel  irritable  and sad really resonated  with me.  I have had physical problems with high amounts  of oestrogen  so I am hoping that an average dose and zero testosterone  will be a more manageable HRT cocktail!

Marchlove  -  many thanks for the link and your kind remarks.  I am trying  to tailor my HRT now so as not to overdose  on anything  and hopefully  achieve  a workable balance. Fingers  crossed!

Thanks again  ladies for your help. I only used a tiny smear of Androfeme  cream today and no disasters so far lol. I will let you all how I get on.

Wishing you all well.

K.

Marchlove

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2022, 12:50:18 PM »

Thank you for replying to us all Kathleen.
I do hope you find relief as you proceed as you so deserve it. x

Kathleen

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2022, 02:38:32 PM »

Hello Marchlove.

Many thanks for your kind words. 

Wouldn't  it be great if one of us on MM could crack the code and restore us all to hormonal health! 

Wishing  you well and take care.

K.