Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Testim vs Testran experiences, ols!  (Read 1268 times)

orrla

Testim vs Testran experiences, ols!
« on: August 28, 2022, 11:23:46 AM »

Hi all!🖐

I was on Testim for few years but last spring got Tostran instead.

I feel it's not doing same job, but am not sure so I wonder, what others who had to switch too think....

Many Thanks!🙏

orrla

Re: Testim vs Testran experiences, ols!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 12:40:55 PM »

Am I the only one who was switched from Testim to Tostran?

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 08:01:50 AM »

Looks like it orrla!

However there will be a difference between the two because firstly Tostran is twice as concentrated as Testim so for the same sized blob you wil get more T from Tostran (twice as much) and secondly they have different excipients - ie the compounds that the active T is dissolved in. This will affect to some extent how it is absorbed through the skin.

Have you changed blob size and frequency of application? Do you have regular tests to monitor levels of T and SHBG? In what way do you feel it is not doing the same job? Theoretically all other things being equal, you should be getting twicer as much T from the Tostran but depends how much you apply and how often, compared with Testim

Hope this helps
Hurdity x

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 10:03:16 AM »

Hi all!🖐

I was on Testim for few years but last spring got Tostran instead.

I feel it's not doing same job, but am not sure so I wonder, what others who had to switch too think....

Many Thanks!🙏
What dose of Tostran are you on? The recommended dosage is one full pump three times a week.
JP x

orrla

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2022, 11:37:25 AM »

oh, hi!

Thanks!

Yes, Testim was one tube for whole week, Tostran is one pump every second day.

The whole point of taking T., in my case, was that it made me stronger, more energetic, and more ..optimistic. It deals with my anxieties caused by hormonal deprivation. While on Tostran, I seem to descend into overwhelming despair, and lack of energy.

I had two tubes of Testim left, so am trying it now from few days, and indeed, from day one, an improvement!

I checked, it will be available from Sept.22.

It's second hrt that I had to go on because of shortages. ...and it's like pulling a rug from under my feet...

applejack

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 10:13:41 AM »

I'm on tostran 3 pumps a week but have only ever been on that.

To be honest I'm not finding it's making much difference although it's only been about 6 weeks.  I'm wondering if it takes a while for it to grind into gear, in which case this may explain why neither of us are getting very far with it and it's another of those wait and see things.

orrla

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2022, 03:15:43 PM »

I am on Testran since last spring. Thing is, about same time, I went on high-fat diet, and haf some serious back problem,  so was not sure which of them made me feel like some dead cat.
Now that I tried that Testim that I had left, I am positive that something is off...

I felt Testim straight away, on the same day! This time as well.

When I first went on it I knew it was working because my hair kind of raised from flat and boring to ..quite all right 😯🤔..  Now I need to tie it back because otherwise it's everywhere, it's falling out so much... This started when there were Evorel Conti shortages..despite Testim...

I am 67, but if I must sit half dead, bold, what's the point!!?!

:o >:( :-*