Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Intermitting fasting 16/8- Menopause  (Read 3745 times)

ElkWarning

Re: Intermitting fasting 16/8- Menopause
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2022, 08:17:12 PM »

Just as an aside, Joziel suggested the Zoe study on page 1, so good to see that you agree. You might like to consider why, in that context, you misconstrued her response.
Well thanks for clearing that up. I've already been told I can't burn fat and I'm stupid so it's good to know you're able to tell me what I think!
Sorry, I know you're trying to stir things but this just made me laugh  ;D.

Not 'trying to stir things', but am becoming increasingly concerned about the open hostility (your comment is a perfect example) which is making some women (e.g. Joziel) leave this board.

Just can't understand how someone can be so vehemently opposed to the findings of a study when one person refers to it and then in complete agreement with it when another person refers to it. Grinding axes is not the purpose of this board.

I'm sad women are leaving because they don't consider this a safe and supportive space.

Marchlove

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2022, 08:47:14 PM »

I do agree Elkwarning

It seems to me sometimes that there is something odd going on but can’t quite put my finger on what it is.

Women will certainly leave this wonderful forum if they don’t feel safe and supported , which as we’ve all seen, been happening with increased frequency in recent months.

It’s worth us all reflecting on this.

Mx

Minusminnie

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2022, 06:58:58 AM »

It seems to me sometimes that there is something odd going on but can’t quite put my finger on what it is.

To me Marchlove it is a core element on the forum who want to maintain their position.  It then seems at some point to cause other often/usually new and interesting people to leave.  Maybe they are seen as a threat in some way ?

Great pity in my small opinion that Elkwarning has now gone but what can you do about it.

Dotty

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2022, 08:27:59 AM »

So sorry to hear that someone else has left the forum. x

dangermouse

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2022, 11:35:26 AM »

There is clearly a fine line these days between advice being offered and that being seen as a criticism.

It's a reflection of what we see in the wider world as well.

As a therapist I always taught my clients that realising we can make changes is about regaining control rather than taking blame for our getting ourselves into the situation in the first place. Sometimes it's also easier to believe that we do not have control so that we don't have to step outside of our comfort zone. Blaming others just pushes our control further away and builds resentment that eats away at us from the inside out.

The majority of this forum is very supportive and mature. It sometimes lacks in flexible thinking when it goes against the grain. Suggesting new options is not to attack the old ones, it's just to give new options, particularly for those who the old options do not work.

It is human nature to defend our own course, particularly if it's a long term course that we have invested heavily in and taken potential risks to choose that path. However, we need to constantly challenge our choices in order to remain flexible to new information and new opportunities. It's ok to walk away, say, half way through a PHD if it is no longer working for you. It's not admitting defeat it's showing emotional intelligence and resilience that you are open to better options that suit you better.

Marchlove

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2022, 12:12:34 PM »

Thank you Dangermouse

Personally, I defend my right to be offended as this allows me to think critically and perhaps form a different opinion on a subject that perhaps I am not so well versed as others.

As Dangermouse so rightly points out this allows for flexible thinking, versatility and resilience. All attributes which help us to move forward.

M x

Jasmine20

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2022, 10:42:58 AM »

Hi Molly

Perhaps your window of eating is too short? Or you're not eating enough in that time?

I know I lost weight just from finishing eating by 7.30pm when I had acid reflux last year. I wasn't even trying to lose weight at the time.

The insomnia could be a sign your cortisol levels are spiking and I understand that can happen when fasting.

I really think there is no one-size-fits-all diet. There are certainly trends towards low carb/keto/IF diets which have their merits.

Tell us how you get on.

Molly

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2022, 01:31:12 PM »

Hi Molly

Perhaps your window of eating is too short? Or you're not eating enough in that time?

I know I lost weight just from finishing eating by 7.30pm when I had acid reflux last year. I wasn't even trying to lose weight at the time.

The insomnia could be a sign your cortisol levels are spiking and I understand that can happen when fasting.

I really think there is no one-size-fits-all diet. There are certainly trends towards low carb/keto/IF diets which have their merits.

Tell us how you get on.

Thats interesting jasmine.

I have been listening to lots of podcasts,  Dr Mindy pelz especially and she says never fast the week before your period as progesterone and fasting dont go well together. Shes great to listen to. So I think I might start after my period but gradually go into it it. I must buy her book, how to fast like a woman.

Il let you know how I go. 14lb to shift. x
Pages: 1 2 [3]