Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Changing from Estradiol 1mg tablets to Estraderm mx 25  (Read 1233 times)

ptlclaire2002

• First Flush
Changing from Estradiol 1mg tablets to Estraderm mx 25
« on: August 28, 2022, 07:03:27 AM »

Hi,
I still have two packs of Estradiol tablets left but my GP has given me Estraderm mx 25 to try.
I haven't dared to use them yet!
I had a hysterectomy in 2016 but kept my cervix and have suffered from anxiety and zero libido since.
I am 62 and have numerous autoimmune conditions. My skin is so dry so I bathe using oilatum and cover myself with cetraben after. Will the patches stick? How will they make me feel?
It would be good to hear of anyone elses experience before making the change.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 07:05:03 AM by ptlclaire2002 »

Joaniepat

Re: Changing from Estradiol 1mg tablets to Estraderm mx 25
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 07:25:54 AM »

No, they won't stick! I use emollients all over, and apply my Estradot patches to the abdomen, which I leave clear of other products. Some emollients can also penetrate the skin for two or three days, which prevents absorption of any topical HRT such as gel or patches. (It explains why I did not absorb Oestrogel, as I used to use Doublebase.)
JP x

Flossieteacake

Re: Changing from Estradiol 1mg tablets to Estraderm mx 25
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 11:06:31 AM »

Hello ptlclaire. Welcome to the forum. I just wanted to say Tegaderm dressings help to get patches to stick. If you leave an area clear like Joaniepat suggested then you could put a Tegaderm dressing over the patch just to help it stick more.