Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Sandrena and mirena - so fed up!  (Read 1143 times)

Skylark

Sandrena and mirena - so fed up!
« on: June 01, 2022, 08:05:00 PM »

Hi ladues, I'm looking for some advice. Long story short I'm 57 and still apparently perimenopausal. I had investigations for prolonged and heavy bleeding last year and was diagnosed with a polyp (removed) and disordered proliferative endometrium. I had the mirena inserted last November and haven't had a heavy bleed since. I spotted for about 2 months then it started to settle.  However, I'd been off HRT a year and my flushes sweats and anxiety were dreadful,  plus I was starting a new job after leaving my last one with workplace stress  Dr and gynae happy for me to go back on HRT. Felt better after 2-3 weeks but then no Oestrogel available so I was prescribed Sandrena 1mg one sachet a day ( had been using 2 pumps of oestrogel). Started HRT in late February and since starting Sandrena (which suits me better than Oestrogel in many ways I've had more days spotting than not. Also developed extremely sore breasts and last week had a light period. Breasts a lot less sore now but I'm still spotting. I wondered if I'm on too high a dose for my body? Dr has agreed to drop me down to 0.5mg Sandrena. Do you think this is the right move? I'm concerned I may have stopped bleeding by now if I hadn't restarted HRT. At 57 I'm so done with this!

Can anyone help? I know any new HRT or change of dose can trigger spotting, but I can't cope with this much longer. X

Sossie

Re: Sandrena and mirena - so fed up!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 08:40:05 AM »

I was on 2 pumps which was replaced with Sandrena 0.5, but I don’t know if that’s right. After a month I feel quite low, my aching joints are back and I missed my period which is unusual with my oestrogel and progesterone. So basically, I don’t know but I was thinking of going up to 2 sachets a day - 1mg. Can anyone help?

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 09:01:08 AM »

As you've been given 0.5 sachets of Sandrena, two of those would be the equivalent of 2 pumps of Oestrogel.
JP x

ange63

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2022, 05:38:47 AM »

HI all,   I've been given Sandrena after not doing too good on Everol - and need the progesterone and advised PV use due to sensitivities to meds.     How have things been going for you on the Sandrena please....... x