Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Dr Louise Newson/James Smith podcast  (Read 785 times)

flossie fiddler

Dr Louise Newson/James Smith podcast
« on: August 25, 2022, 11:25:56 PM »

Someone in one of my Facebook groups recommended this podcast. I listened to it this morning - it’s about an hour long. Well worth a listen. I will certainly be making more informed choices regarding my HRT in the future.

You can listen in various places, but hope it’s OK to post the link here.

https://thejamessmithpodcast.libsyn.com/64-surviving-menopause-with-dr-louise-newson

Flossieteacake

Re: Dr Louise Newson/James Smith podcast
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 07:05:23 AM »

Thank you for recommending this. I will listen to it later.  :)

I have just listened to this podcast. It was so validating. It has helped me so much. I have been wondering if being on desogesteral for 11 years may be depleting oestrogen after reading Joziel's posts. I decided to stop it today and listening to this podcast has made me pleased with my decision. I am also feeling more positive that my very low mood can be improved.  :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 08:19:39 AM by Flossieteacake »

joziel

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 09:42:00 AM »

Flossie, I feel so good after stopping desogestrel. There are also weird things which have improved...

I have had zero migraines (because they were caused by low estrogen). I have much more libido. Which is not just about sex, somehow libido is about investment in life and putting yourself out there in some indefinable way. Freud knew this. Anyone who thinks libido is just about wanting to have sex is only looking at the crudest and most obvious expression of it...

And I used to have this horrible melasma on my forehead - like hyper-pigmentation - it made weird swirly marks and at one point used to look like a giant seagull flying across my forehead - I used to wear really thick tattoo and scar-covering make-up on my forehead, to hide it. Since stopping the desogestrel IT HAS TOTALLY GONE.

I had dry skin on my nose, which was always peeling and flaking. I'd treat it with moisturisers and emollients and it would just come back again a couple of weeks later. Since stopping desogestrel IT HAS GONE.

I could go on, but you get the picture. I am so glad I stopped that awful drug and I will resist ever going back on it.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 10:05:21 AM »

Flossie, I feel so good after stopping desogestrel. There are also weird things which have improved...

I have had zero migraines (because they were caused by low estrogen). I have much more libido. Which is not just about sex, somehow libido is about investment in life and putting yourself out there in some indefinable way. Freud knew this. Anyone who thinks libido is just about wanting to have sex is only looking at the crudest and most obvious expression of it...

And I used to have this horrible melasma on my forehead - like hyper-pigmentation - it made weird swirly marks and at one point used to look like a giant seagull flying across my forehead - I used to wear really thick tattoo and scar-covering make-up on my forehead, to hide it. Since stopping the desogestrel IT HAS TOTALLY GONE.

I had dry skin on my nose, which was always peeling and flaking. I'd treat it with moisturisers and emollients and it would just come back again a couple of weeks later. Since stopping desogestrel IT HAS GONE.

I could go on, but you get the picture. I am so glad I stopped that awful drug and I will resist ever going back on it.

It is wonderful to hear how much better you are feeling. Wow, so your migraines were lack of oestrogen.

Thank goodness the melasma went. You must have been so happy when that went. All your improvements sound amazing.  :)