Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Peri & meno with 2 wombs  (Read 856 times)

chucklesista

Peri & meno with 2 wombs
« on: August 17, 2022, 11:27:10 AM »

Hi All,

I wonder if there is anyone out there apart from myself who has uterus didelphys and is also at our wobbly hormone stage?  ::) It would be really good to swap notes, although I know UD can take various forms eg I also have 1 giant kidney as a result. NB I have 1 vagina, 2 cervixes, 2 wombs. womb 2 is smaller/subsidiary so smears were done at hospital usually by consultant.

I am 51, 29 months post-menopausal and on estradot 25 and utrogestan 100 (24 days from 28, now trying it vaginally). Menopause was fairly uneventful, though as my last period was just before lockdown 1 my attention was elsewhere ;) 6 months post meno I put on a stone & a half which I am trying to get rid of but it's slow going. Previously I could eat like a horse and stay the same weight so that was a shocker  :o

12 years ago I began to have various issues which I assumed were stress-related cos of work which burnt me (and others!) out. Now I wonder if peri didn't play a big role. There was v little peri awareness then and I 'just got on with it' rather than seeing GP. Brain fog, memory issues, failure to cope with things I breezed through previously, extreme fatigue to the point of needing an afternoon nap and falling asleep sitting up. I reduced working hours and changed jobs several times but was still exhausted. I always put it down to the fallout from stress though and 'did less' to try and ease things. Now from reading around fibro I know that is not the best thing to do, necessarily.

GP suggests memory issues could be due to fluoxetene 20mg as I started it around that time, but I want to get hrt sorted before I stop fluo. I have a recent fibromyalgia diagnosis, so started hrt hoping to ease muscle pain but now my brain is bit less foggy (Bonus!) I see the similarities between fibro and peri/meno.

Hope to hear from another twinkly unicorn of the womb soon!

Chucklesista x

Emma - I've posted in Meno rather than Post meno as more folk will prob see my post, hope this is OK.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Peri & meno with 2 wombs
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 11:51:49 AM »

Have U posted this topic previously  :-\   If U want your thread moved you can send Emma a PM rather than another thread which may become lost.

chucklesista

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 07:37:18 AM »

No I've only posted it here. Assumed anyone with same 'set-up' as me would search for keywords as I did when I started using forum.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 07:53:03 AM »

I remember your other thread but this one makes things much clearer about your overall health.  :)

I have fibro too and though it is similar to peri there are some distinct differences such as the painful points being symmetrical. I've had it since 1995 though so maybe diagnostic criteria has changed  ;D

I can't help with the two wombs query though. I'm not sure we've ever had this before. Did you email Dr Currie?

I love the twinkly unicorn mention 🦄

Taz x

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 08:35:49 AM »

There was another thread then ............  :-\ not that I'm confused  ::)

chucklesista

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2022, 09:16:13 AM »

CKLD I think Taz2 means when I signed in as a new member as I've not posted owt else threadwise.  ;)

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2022, 06:25:02 AM »

CKLD I think Taz2 means when I signed in as a new member as I've not posted owt else threadwise.  ;)

Yes that's what I meant.  ;D

chucklesista

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2022, 11:44:19 AM »

Taz 2 - my fibro diagnosis required pain in all 4 quarters of my body for 6 months, pain in a certain number of areas of my body so I scored enough points, but no prodding of tender points nor any requirement of symmetry in terms of the pain pattern.

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2022, 02:30:06 PM »

Yes I think it's less common to use the tender points nowadays. It may depend on particular health authorities. The tender points are symmetrical. My first hint of a flare up are the tender points on the inside of my knees. I still find pacing myself very difficult!

chucklesista

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2022, 10:27:09 AM »

Hi,

Just thought I'd post a quick update(rather than gratefully mopping up all the kind support offered and disappearing  ;)). 

My concerns about two wombs needing different hrt treatment appears to have been unfounded. I contacted Dr Currie who advised she's not aware I'd need any variation to standard hrt treatment. Swapping to vaginal utrogestan (thanks to this forum) meant my digestive side effects settled.  As my symptoms seem to be gradually improving I am sticking with 25 Estradot for another 3 months, or until they stop improving, whichever happens first.  Then consider increasing to 37.5 Estradot.

Also the lifestyle changes of aquacise, pilates and 2 1/2 hours walking every week, along with aiming for my 5 a day, I think are playing a part.

Hopefully the tortoise-style approach will work.  Having said that, it is so long that I have felt sub-par that I'm not really sure what my normal should be any more.

Grateful thanks to everyone on here for propping each other up as we try and navigate the choppy hormonal waters we find ourselves in.

Chucklesista x

Dotty

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2022, 10:44:36 AM »

That’s good news 😊.

I certainly understand your comment about not knowing what normal is anymore, but one day you realise that things feel better. xxx

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2022, 11:30:55 AM »

U R very welcome and  :thankyou: 4 the update.

sheila99

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2022, 03:26:51 PM »

I'm glad things are improving for you.