Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Testosterone level query  (Read 963 times)

jorainbow

Testosterone level query
« on: August 18, 2022, 03:21:43 PM »

Hi all. Diagnosed with EH no atypia so not allowed oestrogen. Testosterone SHBG 82.3 (range 16.8 to 106) serum 0.8 (range 0 to 3.1)
Main symptoms exhaustion and lack of libido. Ferritin now ok (21) as heavy bleeding stopped. Anyone know if those levels would be worth trying for a supplement. I have read lsdies saying they weren't allowed any until oestrogen levels were up but mine would appear to be too much though not tested. Tis all gobbledegook!

jorainbow

Re: Testosterone level query
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 09:30:44 AM »

Any insights would be welcome!

CrispyChick

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 09:40:39 AM »

I'm with a private BHRT clininc and they recommended me testosterone with my free test at 0.6.

I am not taking estrogen. My estrogen levels are 'normal'.

As mind is BHRT it is compounded, so I'm only on 2mg a day, wheras I believe the nhs route would give you 5mg a day.

Not feeling anything from it yet. Akso not had blood test yet to recheck levels.

Marchlove

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2022, 10:12:36 AM »

Hi

Are you taking progesterone? This could help the EH.

Your ferritin levels are still too low, that is probably what’s causing the fatigue.

Have a read of this

https://www.goodhormonehealth.com/2020/01/27/iron-deficiency-and-fatigue/

X

jorainbow

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2022, 02:03:27 PM »

Thanks both. Not taking prog yet. They suggested mirena but the last experience of a coil wasn't great and after 2 weeks it was expelled. I've asked about urogestan but that's a no. Still taking iron as levels were 14 so feel a whole heap better than before. GP not bothered as the other iron levels are all ok so that's off my own back. The lack of libido is the worst thing.

Marchlove

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2022, 02:18:33 PM »

Perhaps you should ask to have your estrogen tested. Make sure you do it at the right time of the month.

Is the 0.8 your Free testosterone? They won’t give you any though unless you’re on Estrogen. That said, might they give it to you if your estrogen level is high? I don’t know I’m afraid.

You could try some otc progesterone cream which you can buy online.
Some people find it helps their libido but not all.

The other thing that might be worth testing is your thyroid if you have fatigue. X

jorainbow

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 03:55:17 PM »

Thanks Marchlove  I've just spoken to my GPs and the receptionist has advised the testosterone is low but they won't prescribe as I dont take oestrogen and until the treatment has been resolved for endometrial hyperplasia. So that means I'm stuck in a limbo land by the sounds of it. Does this seem correct? My  relationship is suffering and nothing can be done?

joziel

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2022, 04:13:50 PM »

I don't really get this reasoning, because on the one hand they tell us that our testosterone levels are in constant decline from our early 20s and are minimal by this point in our lives - yet on the other hand, they won't allow us to have any unless we're on estrogen. That doesn't make sense if our estrogen levels are okay. I mean, whether we're getting the estrogen from our own bodies or from exogenous estrogen, we still have okay estrogen levels. So why can't we have testosterone? It's just another way of withholding our own hormones from us. If our testosterone levels are low, we should have testosterone.

I'm not on estrogen now but I have a shed load of testosterone here and plan to continue taking it once these palps are sorted. (Just holding off so I don't introduce too many variables at the moment.)

I am also on only progesterone - utrogestan - and no estrogen. The utrogestan is working really well for suppressing my endo. My skin looks amazing (if I do say so myself) and my hairdresser can't believe how fast my hair grew in the last 8 weeks. I'm taking it continuously at the moment to suppress endo but considering going sequential to enable my body to produce more estrogen (I hope).

Lara Briden advocates using utrogestan only during peri - no estrogen.

jorainbow

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2022, 04:21:29 PM »

Thanks for your input! I asked about using urogestan vaginally instead of mirena and was told no. I'm hesitant with the coil as the last attempt ending in my body rejecting it after about a week plus I dpnt like the idea of something I have zero control over if I get side effects. I've been told the hyperplasia is caused by too much oestrogen though it's never been tested so none of it makes sense.  I wouldn't want to take more if its high already?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 04:28:58 PM by jorainbow »

joziel

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2022, 10:42:47 PM »

You won't know if it's high or if you need some, unless you test. You can test via Medichecks at home and post it off by yourself - no doctors involved...

jorainbow

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2022, 05:21:40 AM »

You won't know if it's high or if you need some, unless you test. You can test via Medichecks at home and post it off by yourself - no doctors involved...

Thanks. Will check it out