Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Anyone on high/150mg oestrogen?  (Read 1308 times)

clp10

• First Flush
Anyone on high/150mg oestrogen?
« on: August 26, 2022, 08:40:47 AM »

If you have a high oestrogen dose what progesterone dose are you taking?

In June my Estradot patches were increased to 150mg. I take utrogestan 100mg daily continuously.

I have had continuous bleeding since the increase of 100mg to 150mg oestrogen and am wondering if the progesterone dose is too low. I am in surgical menopause following cancer and under the care of Newson. I had a phone appointment with a pharmacist/nurse there about the continuous bleeding and it was useless.

joziel

Re: Anyone on high/150mg oestrogen?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 09:27:51 AM »

Newson are notoriously light on the progesterone for some reason. Many women do need more progesterone when their estrogen goes above 100mcg.

Here is the BMS guidance: https://thebms.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/14-BMS-TfC-Progestogens-and-endometrial-protection-01H.pdf

"The dose of the progestogen should be proportionate to the dose of estrogen. Women who require high dose estrogen intake should consider having their progestogen dose increased to ensure adequate endometrial protection.... eg 200mg daily on a continuous basis"

If you are getting bleeding since the increase, that would indicate you need 200mg of utrogestan to me... By the way, I'm on that dose to suppress endo and it's totally fine, I have no side effects from taking 200mg utrogestan. It's also the regular dose for half the month for women using sequential. So don't think of it as 'high' or expect problems...