Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dramatic improvement.  (Read 3598 times)

flossie fiddler

Dramatic improvement.
« on: August 24, 2022, 08:15:41 PM »

I put my first patch on yesterday and within 4 hours I was noticing a change.

My joint aches have all but disappeared, I slept right through without any hot sweats, and when I got up this morning I realised that I hadn’t hobbled across the room. Also the heartburn has gone.

Not only that, it’s as if someone has switched my brain back on and I’m thinking really clearly. Today I’ve been like a whirlwind. I’ve got so much outstanding stuff done (including a bit of intimacy 😍). I have so much energy. I know from being on HRT before that I won’t always be as manic as this, but I’m enjoying the feeling. I had forgotten how dramatic the result was last time.

As promised, the Practice Manager contacted me to say that the menopause nurse from another practice was going to ring me. She did, and I have an appointment with her next Tuesday.

It’s been a fight to get here, but thanks to all you knowledgeable people, I had all the info I needed so that I could be persistent. Thank you all 😘😘😘

Flossieteacake

Re: Dramatic improvement.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 08:24:06 PM »

I am so happy to read this! I am amazed you feel differently so soon. It is wonderful. You deserve a break after how you have had to fight to get the HRT.

flossie fiddler

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 06:39:04 AM »

Thank you. After a rocky start trying to get the HRT, it’s all fallen into place and I’m feeling great!

I would urge anyone struggling to get what they feel they need to keep at it. Be armed with all the information available here on MM site and be persistent. It’s difficult when you feel rubbish due to the symptoms and so easy to give in.

It’s awful that not all medical professionals are clued up, and some are also insensitive to the sometimes debilitating symptoms of peri and post menopause.

One happy lady here.

Perinowpost

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 07:46:02 AM »

Hi FF that was my experience when I went on patches, I’ll never forget it. So pleased for you. Which patch are you on?x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 08:30:20 AM »

MayB keep a diary in case of any ups and downs so that you can chart progress.  Great to hear that you feel better! 

Dierdre

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 09:36:05 AM »

That's amazing you've had such a fast response to the patch. Hope you continue to improve daily. So nice to hear a success  so soon.

flossie fiddler

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 02:45:50 PM »

Thanks all. I’ve downloaded the balance app and hope to keep track of things there.

Weeloz

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2022, 10:59:25 PM »

That's great,what patch you on ?

flossie fiddler

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2022, 06:47:19 PM »

That's great,what patch you on ?

Evorel Conti. I’m post meno

discogirl

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2022, 06:36:07 AM »

Hi Flossie Fiddler,

I have just started HRT last thursday, on patches and utrogestan.

My issues are not so much with hot flushes, but chronic insomnia and really bad anxiety so your experience has encouraged me so much.

I'm so pleased for you and thanks for sharing.

xxx

ange63

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2022, 08:01:00 AM »

HI Flossie, sounds wonderful..... lets hope it continues to for you.   Not so good for me unfortunately.    Tried Everol 50 but now just starting Sandrena gel.... early days but fingers crossed....   

flossie fiddler

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2022, 08:18:45 AM »

Hi Flossie Fiddler,

I have just started HRT last thursday, on patches and utrogestan.

My issues are not so much with hot flushes, but chronic insomnia and really bad anxiety so your experience has encouraged me so much.

I'm so pleased for you and thanks for sharing.

xxx

I hope you get the relief you need. Everyone’s journey and symptoms are unique to them, but if you can find something that works for you it changes everything!

I know what you mean about the anxiety. I was off HRT other than Vagifem for 2.5 years, most of it during the pandemic. I know it was a scary time for everyone. I’m normally able to cope with stressful situations, but I was spending so much time in tears, not sleeping and anxious. I can now see that some of this was fuelled by my hormones.

flossie fiddler

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2022, 08:22:23 AM »

HI Flossie, sounds wonderful..... lets hope it continues to for you.   Not so good for me unfortunately.    Tried Everol 50 but now just starting Sandrena gel.... early days but fingers crossed....

It is early days. The HRT nurse pointed out yesterday that it’s unusual for someone to find a HRT prep that works so well first time, so I feel very fortunate. She said that it often takes a few tweaks to get the right combination and that if Conti stops working so well, we’ll look at separate oestrogen and progesterone preps so that each can be tweaked individually.

Hope the Sandrena works better for you.

ange63

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2022, 10:24:12 AM »

update:  Sandrena not gone so well sadly.    Started to feel continually very hot all over and had new hot flushes start early hours of the morning which was not normal for me.    Overall felt hot and uncomfortable with no benefits for other things.   Stopped after 6 days and will be back to GP to try another!!!   Not going to give up as I need something to help with insomnia and symptoms as life is so miserable and cannot carry on feeling so unwell....   How are others doing Flossie Fiddler, still doing well on HRT?

flossie fiddler

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2022, 10:09:35 PM »

So sorry to hear the Sandrena hasn’t helped. Don’t give up though.

I’m still feeling great. A bit of breast tenderness the last few days, but will see how that pans out.
Pages: [1] 2