Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Newbie help please  (Read 608 times)

KarenM

• First Flush
Newbie help please
« on: August 24, 2022, 09:41:57 AM »

Hi, looking for support please - practice nurse is new and advised me to ask in this forum! I’m 50 years old and given Elleste 1mg and took for 12 weeks. I stopped week 13 as, although my flushes stopped which was main symptom, I had experienced horrendous stomach cramps and periods every month (previously 1-2 periods past 2 years). I also started having acid reflux constantly.  I felt coping with flushes was the preferred option. I am now 2 weeks off HRT and feel fine other than nighttime flushes.  Due to see nurse soon and wondering whether to keep off HRT or would an alternative be worth trying that won’t give me periods or acid reflux? Many thanks

Flossieteacake

Re: Newbie help please
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 09:53:18 AM »

Hello KarenM. Welcome to the forum. It can take time to find the right HRT so do not worry if the first one you try does not agree with you. It is good your practice nurse has recommended the forum as it shows they know about menopause. You will find lots of support on here.  :)

Taz2

Re: Newbie help please
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 06:54:25 PM »

Hi Karen. As you are not post menopause which is having had at least a year without a natural period your doctor probably put you on a sequential hrt which is designed to give you a monthly bleed. Did you have two different types of tablet each month?

If you had acid reflux then you might have more success with a transdermal HRT which can be as a patch or a gel. These are absorbed straight into the bloodstream and not metabolised by the liver so you have less digestive problems

Taz  :welcomemm:.