Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Unexpected problems  (Read 1460 times)

HighwayStar

• First Flush
Unexpected problems
« on: August 23, 2022, 10:31:09 AM »

I’ve sought out a forum because I am so confused with what is going on.
Am 56, menopause started at 42 and the main issue I had was the hot flushes. Still get occasionally.
My husband hasn’t been interested in sex for at least 10 years so roughly once a month I would use a vibrator when he was at work. I noticed I was quite dry and itchy sometimes so had to use lube.
Then I was unexpectedly contacted by an ex from 38 years ago (my first love whom I never forgot) we started chatting and it very soon became sexual chat. It aroused me so much, I want sex every day now. I go to work and all day my underwear is soaked, its out of control distracting me.
We have met up a few times and had a kiss and cuddle but mostly we just talk/ message. I realise I still love him and probably always have done but I don’t understand how I am now getting so aroused without any hormonal intervention and can this continue because I need it to as this is my future.

Flossieteacake

Re: Unexpected problems
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 10:35:11 AM »

Hello Highway Star. Welcome to the forum. I was just wondering if you are certain you are wet due to arousal? The reason I ask is vagnal atrophy causes a thin, watery discharge. When I first had it I assumed it was sweat and was so puzzled why my underwear was always wet.

You say you noticed you were dry and itchy. I think it would help to ask for some vaginal atrophy treatment. Something like Ovestin which is a cream could help. I use it myself and have found it very helpful.

HighwayStar

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 10:48:37 AM »

Definitely arousal no doubt

mandss

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 11:05:26 AM »

All I can say is.You Lucky B@tch!!!! Enjoy while you can  ;)

joziel

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 11:59:33 AM »

I've read about this happening rarely - it's like instead of libido going down during menopause, it goes crazy upwards and high instead.

It's only a problem if it's causing you problems  ;)

But if you are at other times finding you are dry or uncomfortable down there, you might also want to start some local estrogen with Vagifem and Ovestin for the outside.

HighwayStar

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2022, 12:27:43 PM »

Its like its all to do with my ex. Who Always had this affect on me.
So is this my brain reaction?

joziel

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 01:20:53 PM »

I'd say it's pretty normal for some people to turn you on and others to have no effect.

Don't ask me why. Pheromones or something, who knows...

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2022, 05:09:04 PM »

Normal when in touch with an old flame.  Add to that the shall we/shan't we scenario - I remember even though it's many years ago.  Illicit meetings, thoughts, letters (remember those) and the weekly phone call in a phone box.  We married. Eventually  ;D

Where do you want your marriage to go?  R U still friends, doing hobbies together etc.?  What is happening to the old flame, married/engaged/looking for a fling?  Don't end up getting hurt if he's playing you along! 

Arousal is hormonal.  Pheromones.  Regardless of HRT etc.. 

HighwayStar

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2022, 07:25:54 PM »

My marriage has nothing in it. I will leave when I can, whether I end up with my ex or by myself.
Right now am the happiest I’ve ever been.
Thanks for the replies everyone x