Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Maximum Oestrogen levels HRT  (Read 894 times)

KarineT

Maximum Oestrogen levels HRT
« on: August 22, 2022, 05:56:42 PM »

Hi everyone

I'm not on HRT but I 've always wondered why the levels of oestrogen pre-meno cannot be replaced through HRT.  I believe there's a maximum you can get via HRT.
Do high levels of oestrogen via HRT pose a health risk? Would high levels of natural oestrogen in an older woman pose the same risks?

Thanks

Karine

joziel

Re: Maximum Oestrogen levels HRT
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 06:50:45 PM »

We don't have high levels all the time, pre-menopause. At certain points in our cycle we might be at 800-1200, but then at other points it drops back to 50 or almost nothing. It isn't sustained at 800-1200.

And yes, probably it would be a lot harder to protect the endometrium if we were taking enough estrogen to keep levels that high. That is why we should only take enough to cope with symptoms and provide the health benefits.

Maybe one day they will come out with some HRT which mimics the natural cycle with changing levels of estrogen during the month. Although seeing what some of us go through when we change levels, maybe that isn't a good idea  ;D ;D ;D I've no idea why our bodies are fine with such massive changes when it's our own hormones but not when we are taking the estrogen...