Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Can Estriol cream cause lips to swell up  (Read 4575 times)

joziel

Re: Can Estriol cream cause lips to swell up
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2022, 11:12:24 AM »

Hopeful2, it's just about trial and error. You might not be reacting to the estrogen itself, it might be one of the excipients in the cream. Ovestin has chlorhexidine in it, for eg, some have zinc oxide, or other stuff....

Just keep trying different brands or types until you find one that works for you. And there are two different estrogens - estriol and estradiol - so you might be better with one than the other as well.

Blissel is another option, this is very low dose local estrogen gel so might be a gentler starting point...

See if your GP will give you one of each of a range of different things to try, instead of 6 months of one thing - that way you can try them all and see what works best and get more of that.

Hopeful2

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2022, 01:16:05 PM »

Hopeful2, it's just about trial and error. You might not be reacting to the estrogen itself, it might be one of the excipients in the cream. Ovestin has chlorhexidine in it, for eg, some have zinc oxide, or other stuff....

Just keep trying different brands or types until you find one that works for you. And there are two different estrogens - estriol and estradiol - so you might be better with one than the other as well.

Blissel is another option, this is very low dose local estrogen gel so might be a gentler starting point...

See if your GP will give you one of each of a range of different things to try, instead of 6 months of one thing - that way you can try them all and see what works best and get more of that.

Thank you so much for your message Joziel. I never heard of Blissel that sounds good I will ask for that.

I've tried elleste duet & femoston 110 both gave unbearable sore dry scalp. Scalp still really sore now waiting for it to settle 2 weeks after stopping. Tried utrogestan & oestrogel made my throat tight, sore lips, sore spots on back but still better side effects than tablets. GP gave me tridesta tablets next but I'm afraid to take another tablet now. I have prescription for femseven sequi patches too but they are not in stock anywhere. I feel like a rabbit in headlights.

Thank you so much for your encouragement 💐

joziel

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2022, 01:18:01 PM »

Oh I meant with the topical stuff. I'm not sure a GP would give you a range of different systemic HRT to try  ;D

I would always choose a transdermal estrogen and body identical progesterone (utrogestan) as a starting point. Not everyone finds that works for them but it's best to try that and see in the first instance because it's all body identical...

Hurdity

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2022, 04:15:25 PM »

There is also Imvaggis.... from memory it is embedded in some sort of oil/fat pessary?

Hurdity x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2022, 04:36:22 PM »

There is also Imvaggis.... from memory it is embedded in some sort of oil/fat pessary?

Hurdity x

Yes it is. I was prescribed this.

Hopeful2

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2022, 05:32:13 PM »

Thank you very much Hurdity for your message I will look into this too. Did you find this one any better flossieteacake? Thank you both for your help.

joziel

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2022, 05:33:32 PM »

Hopeful2 - the Imvaggis might really help you because it's not even estrogen, it's DHEA but has a similar effect as estrogen...

dangermouse

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2022, 05:45:54 PM »

Hi, just to add that when I tried vaginal oestrogens for dryness I immediately had a dry mouth (as did another user as we discussed on here) which was constant and more irritating than the vaginal dryness! I now just occasionally use Replens and have no issues with the dry mouth.

It may be caused by an allergic reaction in the mucus membranes.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2022, 05:49:37 PM »

Thank you very much Hurdity for your message I will look into this too. Did you find this one any better flossieteacake? Thank you both for your help.

It made my skin irritated but it may be okay for you. I hope I have not put you off trying it.

Hopeful2

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2022, 05:50:19 PM »

Thank you very much Joziel for your message. As it's not estrogen would it help with atrophy?

joziel

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2022, 05:55:14 PM »

Yes, it's designed to help with atrophy and research shows it's as effective as local estrogen. The body can convert the DHEA to estrogen and testosterone somehow (that's the gist of it anyway).

Hopeful2

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2022, 07:25:27 PM »

Thank you Joziel it is good to know that this is another option I didn't know about thanks for explaining it to me. Shame it didn't suit you Flossieteacake but thanks for letting me know it's all good information.

And Dangermouse yes I keep going to GP about atrophy, UTI and dry sore mouth they never connected the two and i wasnt sure if it was coincidence. Its difficult when GPs dont know that much about it.

Thank you all for sharing 💐.
Pages: 1 2 [3]