Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: LH Levels..  (Read 592 times)

mandss

LH Levels..
« on: August 19, 2022, 09:46:24 AM »

Right ladies..I am confused yet again..
Been on evorel conti patches for 8 months, since having covid in April this year I have had what looks like a 21 day cycle( bleed for about 12 days, then about 8 days free of bleeds). Recent blood test showed a LH level of 29. I know blood tests are not reliable but GP wanted an idea of where I was at. I have been doing home ovulation tests to see if I am ovulating and therefore these bleeds are real periods. But so far no surges detected. My confusion comes because I thought a level of 29 was classed as a surge.
Just to clarify I do not know if I am post or peri, didnt get on with a sequi regime or the coil, hence the conti regime. any ideas.....

mandss

Re: LH Levels..
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 02:16:18 PM »

b

joziel

Re: LH Levels..
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 03:59:06 PM »

If you only have 8 days where you are not bleeding, you won't be ovulating. It's not going to be enough time for a follicle to mature and release an ovum.

If you want to know 'where you are' the best you can do, is find out what your FSH is. A high FSH means you are post-menopausal - especially if you get two high readings, tested some weeks apart. Not really sure what your GP is up to there, LH tests aren't going to show you anything.