Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Want to go back on HRT after 3 year break  (Read 1410 times)

flossie fiddler

Want to go back on HRT after 3 year break
« on: August 21, 2022, 07:29:37 AM »

Hello, it’s been a while.

I was on HRT (Evorel Sequi) from age 48 to 54, which was great for me and I felt I got my life back. I was in discussion with my GP about switching to Evorel Conti around October 2019, but at that time there were supplies issues (due to problems with the adhesive, I think). I ended up not being able to get my patches and so HRT came to an abrupt stop. I didn’t feel too bad, so thought I’d see how things went.

Within a couple of months sex became an ordeal and I was getting loads of UTI, so went back to see my GP and have been on Vagifem ever since. It sort of helps, but sex is still quite painful.

Then the pandemic hit, and I was so anxious about everything, not sleeping, joint pain which came back very suddenly, sleeping difficulty, brain fog and forgetfulness, my body feels as though it’s in a constant state of hot flush/inflammation. I assumed all of these symptoms were due to the anxiety I felt during the lockdowns, and lack of exercise..

We’re pretty much back to normal now but I still have all the symptoms and have decided enough is enough and want to go back on HRT to see if it helps.

Everol worked well for me before. Are there any supply issues with it these days?

Also, has anyone else here gone back on HRT after a break? I’m now 57. Did it help?

Thanks for reading if you got this far.

mandss

Re: Want to go back on HRT after 3 year break
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 08:32:41 AM »

No supply issues where I am in North Norfolk. I have only had a break from HRT for a few months before restarting. I think going back on it sounds like a good idea, and I really hope it works for you x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 08:34:31 AM »

Morning.  If vaginal symptoms continue, do a 're load' i.e. use Vagifem every night for 2-3 weeks.  Some find that they require either 'ovestin' or other moisturisers for the outer labial area.

MayB ring your local pharmacies to see if there is a shortage?  Let us know how you get on.

flossie fiddler

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2022, 09:21:31 AM »

No supply issues where I am in North Norfolk. I have only had a break from HRT for a few months before restarting. I think going back on it sounds like a good idea, and I really hope it works for you x

Glad to hear you’re able to get supplies. I checked on BMS website and it doesn’t seem that there are any supply issues with Evorel Conti, which would be my preference as I was on Evorel Sequi before. Fingers crossed it helps.

flossie fiddler

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2022, 09:25:25 AM »

Morning.  If vaginal symptoms continue, do a 're load' i.e. use Vagifem every night for 2-3 weeks.  Some find that they require either 'ovestin' or other moisturisers for the outer labial area.

MayB ring your local pharmacies to see if there is a shortage?  Let us know how you get on.

Thanks for the advice regarding Vagifem, going to try that from today. I don’t know if I’ll need to continue using it if I go back on continual HRT, but all of that will be up for discussion when I get an appointment. I feel just like I did when peri, so need to do something.

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2022, 05:32:23 PM »

Flossie there's no reason why you can't go back on hrt after a break. l was off it for about a year due to some bleeding issues and went back on, no problem. I'm surprised you weren't offered alternative hrt when there were supply issues. It certainly sounds like you need full hrt now that symptoms have returned, and you can also use vagifem and/ or Ovestin alongside it if needed.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2022, 07:05:27 PM »

Some find that they require VA treatment as well as HRT.  Don't give up on the VA treatment ;-).

flossie fiddler

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2022, 09:13:58 PM »

Thank you both. I shall be armed with all the info I need when I get my appointment. Yes, not sure why I wasn’t offered alternatives when there were supply issues. And I won’t give up on the VA treatment if I don’t have to.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2022, 08:42:10 AM »

U don't have to.  Although the info is the same info in the leaflet, it's OK to use for Life.  Delivered differently and localised.