Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: tapping (or emotional freedom technique) for anxiety  (Read 1977 times)

violetbat

Re: tapping (or emotional freedom technique) for anxiety
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2022, 09:22:23 PM »

Ah, that's good that others find it useful. I think I've been able to get the palps to stop a few times by tapping on the collarbone point. Unfortunately they do start up again soon after, if they feel like it  ;D but sometimes they stay away!
The collar now point is the one I really love. I feel instant calm when I tap there. Always disappointed when I have to move to the under arm one.

Pippa52

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2022, 08:04:54 AM »

Ah, that's good that others find it useful. I think I've been able to get the palps to stop a few times by tapping on the collarbone point. Unfortunately they do start up again soon after, if they feel like it  ;D but sometimes they stay away!
The collar now point is the one I really love. I feel instant calm when I tap there. Always disappointed when I have to move to the under arm one.

Day 3 of my using it and I definitely feel it is helping me.  I love it and the app is awesome so much information on there x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2022, 08:38:53 AM »

Day 3 of my using it and I definitely feel it is helping me.  I love it and the app is awesome so much information on there x

This is wonderful news.  :)

Peana

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2022, 07:10:34 PM »

I started the free trial yesterday.  I'm so desperate for it to work, but the anxiety meditations are very hard for me.  I've started listening to one of the audiobooks the app includes and there is more detail which explains that this can be the case for some people, and to stick with it.  However, I've found 'Extended Session from Fear and Worry to Peace' the best one for me. 

Do any of you have a favourite session?  I'd be really interested in what works best for you.

When I was seeing a CBT therapist she said that sometimes I tried too hard - like squeezing a bar of soap and having it slip out of your grip.  I'm hoping that as I practice more it will come more naturally to me.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2022, 07:20:19 PM »

I started the free trial yesterday.  I'm so desperate for it to work, but the anxiety meditations are very hard for me.  I've started listening to one of the audiobooks the app includes and there is more detail which explains that this can be the case for some people, and to stick with it.  However, I've found 'Extended Session from Fear and Worry to Peace' the best one for me. 

Do any of you have a favourite session?  I'd be really interested in what works best for you.

When I was seeing a CBT therapist she said that sometimes I tried too hard - like squeezing a bar of soap and having it slip out of your grip.  I'm hoping that as I practice more it will come more naturally to me.

I can understand that. Some thoughts are ingrained in us. I listened to the 'boost your happiness' one. When the person was saying ' I deserve happiness' my mind defaulted to disagreeing with it. Maybe if you listen to it daily without putting pressure on yourself then it will sink in a bit more.

joziel

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2022, 08:29:29 PM »

I really like the beginning where you repeat that you 'accept' these problem symptoms (or whatever it is you have to accept). I just spend all the time fighting it and trying to feel some other way, that it is just deeply relaxing somehow to just accept it.

Marchlove

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2022, 08:39:15 PM »

This therapy always calls to mind the Serenity prayer x

violetbat

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2022, 10:13:06 PM »

I did a confidence one this morning. It was to help me take action and actually get stuff done instead of being semi frozen about pretty much everything. It was day one of a series. I really liked it and spent the day actually getting stuff done .
I always do one before sleep now too.
What I think is that the effects will be cumulative- so even if it takes time I will feel better and more I’m control.🙂😍
Pages: 1 [2]