Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Feeling drained  (Read 1498 times)

Unicorn

Re: Feeling drained
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2022, 08:42:30 AM »

Sometimes women are put onto continuous regimes even though they are peri. For eg, endo sufferers need continuous progesterone usually - to oppose the estrogen and stop their endo getting aggravated by it. That's why I'm peri and on continuous utrogestan.

Mood is another reason women might do better on continuous even during peri. There's nothing 'dangerous' about it, it just might cause some breakthrough bleeding.

Joziel, how much Utrogestan do you take throughout the cycle? Xxx

joziel

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2022, 09:46:43 AM »

I take 200mg of utrogestan every night, no break. Continuous.

I am dealing with the after-effects of taking estrogen at the moment - heart palpitations at night. This never happened before I took estrogen. I even get a tingly left hand and left leg when I have the palps. Heart beats harder and faster than usual. I'm now at 10 days after stopping all estrogen and it's still happening. (I don't have my low estrogen pre-HRT symptoms back though - because I think my own ovaries have woken up now I've stopped desogestrel and are making my own estrogen again.)

But - if I get that stabilised or if a cardiologist tells me my palps are harmless and okay, I am considering using the utrogestan 200mg just for half the month - a bit like it is used when taking estrogen. That is what Lara Briden describes as cyclic progesterone therapy and also what she recommends in peri anyway, before you need estrogen: https://www.cemcor.ubc.ca/resources/topics/cyclic-progesterone-therapy  I feel that would allow my ovaries to make even more estrogen and support me to keep cycling for as long as possible.

It is slightly risky in terms of endo, but I have done everything recommended to reduce that with supplements, healthy living and eating and exercise and given it now appears I can't have exogenous estrogen, I need to use mine for as long as possible. I can't just shut it all down with progestins and take estrogen patches/gels etc, because it seems that is bad for my heart. I can give it a go, anyway.

Unicorn

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2022, 07:52:28 AM »

Thank you Joziel, I hope you can sort this minefield out soon 🥰.

I have a phone appt with my GP in two weeks.... I know I shouldn't before asking my GP but I've just started to take 100 utrogestan daily instead of 200 for 12 days 😮 I need some sort of stability with symptoms xxx

Unicorn

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2022, 09:38:12 AM »

Please can I have advice.... I still feel awful today.... nearly every single day.  My head feels bunged up this morning, headachy, palpitations, anxious..... every single day nearly.  Is there anything different I can try? Change of antidepressant? Change of anything? Xxx please help me someone

Flossieteacake

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2022, 09:42:35 AM »

Please can I have advice.... I still feel awful today.... nearly every single day.  My head feels bunged up this morning, headachy, palpitations, anxious..... every single day nearly.  Is there anything different I can try? Change of antidepressant? Change of anything? Xxx please help me someone

I am really sorry to hear you are struggling. I do not know what to suggest but did not want to ignore your post. I know you have had several different medical changes and are still trying to find something that suits you. It is horrible you are going through this.

Unicorn

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2022, 09:54:03 AM »

Thank you Flossieteacake 🥰 I  just want to feel normal for more than a few days at a time xxxx much l9ve

Flossieteacake

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2022, 09:54:36 AM »

Thank you Flossieteacake 🥰 I  just want to feel normal for more than a few days at a time xxxx much l9ve

I totally understand that. It is a very confusing time for you.

joziel

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2022, 09:59:45 AM »

Unicorn, those symptoms to me are to do with estrogen - too much or too little. Could that be the case for you?

Unicorn

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2022, 10:32:07 AM »

Hi Joziel, I really don't know tbh.  I feel slightly better at times since going on hrt, but still have a week to 2 weeks of feeling lousy in 9ne way or another 🤔 im not sure whether I feel better or not... some days I do, some I don't, I think I can function slightly better.  I think I may feel better on the Utrogestan phase of my cycle, but I can't really see any particular pattern.  I have decided to see if 100 utrogestan taken through my cycle will help, even though I still have regular periods xxx

joziel

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2022, 10:47:18 AM »

I can see that you've recently increased your estrogen to 2 sachets of Sandrena - which is quite a lot. It's fine if you need it, but since this increase was recent, I'd be thinking that the estrogen side effects are related to that...

Unicorn

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2022, 11:05:12 AM »

Yes, you may be right Joziel.  The GP increased me to 1.5 so I thought I would add a bit more..... not a sensible thing to do but I have been desperate.  I had been on the increase to 1.5 for a month and a half, but still didn't feel 'myself' so I have been impatient.... naughty, I know.  But I felt horrible without hrt and slightly less horrible at times with it 🤷‍♀️ I am so low right now with feeling crappy, I don't know where else to turn or what to do.  A wait for a menopause clinic will take forever, and I don't have enough cash to go private xxx

joziel

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2022, 11:09:40 AM »

I would go back down to your 1.5 and stay there for 12 weeks  :)

Unicorn

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2022, 11:18:36 AM »

Thank you Joziel! I went back down to 1.5 yesterday.  Will continue taking 100 utrogestan daily.  I will speak to the GP in a couple of weeks.... this is so hard xxxxx
Pages: 1 [2]