Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Low libido.. testosterone  (Read 706 times)

August 66

Low libido.. testosterone
« on: August 11, 2022, 01:59:52 PM »

Low libido testosterone
« on: Today at 01:23:49 PM »
ReplyQuoteModifyModifyRemoveRemove
Hi all. 56 (almost). 10 years post menopause. On hrt gel and progesterone pill for  a year. Not getting the UTI type issues anymore and sleeping a bit better. Only thing is it hasn't done anything for my libido. Which is at rock bottom. I'm really not ready to give up this part of my life. In fact only met the love of my life last year. Better late than never !   I've heard that testosterone might help. Has anyone tried this ? How hard have you found getting it is. Worried my Dr's won't take me seriously as I'm not a young woman. But this really is a massive issue to

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Low libido.. testosterone
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 02:03:17 PM »

:-\.  I replied to this a short while ago  :-\

laszla

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 03:36:52 PM »

Hi August, absolutely testosterone can make a big difference, many women here take it and is the 'big gun' when it comes to libido.
You have every right to use it; whether your gp will prescribe depends on him/her - my original gp gave it to me with no objection though other doc that took over refused but I now get it very easily at the very testosterone-friendly meno clinic at Chelsea & Westminster.
If your gp won't prescribe, ask to be referred to a menopause clinic. Say it is for libido - testosterone is in fact beneficial for other important systems but some dinosaur-like practitioners will only prescribe it for libido.

joziel

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 04:17:34 PM »

For sure, my libido is great since starting testosterone and getting estrogen dose right.

You might also need an increase in estrogen by the way, which you might find an easier thing to get by your GP. Just when you say sleeping 'a bit better', it doesn't sound like that is totally fixed...

Brindle

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 06:51:52 PM »

I started using the testrol gel about 2 months ago. I have to say, nothing has improved n the libido department, but I know it can take time. Unfortunately, I seem to be getting some unwanted side effects, low mood, fatigue and my hair seems to be thinning, certainly more hair coming out in the shower. I guess it doesnt work for everyone. Confusing when a side effect is hair loss, but low testosterone can lead to hair thinning. Not sure ifI will continue

joziel

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2022, 08:28:36 PM »

Brindle, I would wait till you do your 3 month blood test before you decide. If you are getting side effects like that, it might be that the dose is too high for you. That doesn't mean you should throw it out totally, so just wait till you know what the bloods are....