Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Feeling hideous  (Read 1532 times)

Nas

Feeling hideous
« on: August 17, 2022, 04:34:15 PM »

Well, I am at a crossroads.
I feel wretched. Pmt type symptoms, cramps, irritable, nauseous, achy.

Its either the mirena coil or lack of oestrogen causing this. I thought I was post menopause ( no period for 27 months) but I’ve just had a huge fluctuation. As in libido, happy, energy.. then bang yesterday... it went. Now in the depths of despair.

Been on the 75 patch for nearly two years ( give or take).

No idea what to do any longer.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feeling hideous
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 05:10:42 PM »

When R U due for a review? 

joziel

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 05:11:27 PM »

It's probably easier to try increasing your estrogen than doing anything about your Mirena - that is a bigger and more permanent decision.

Plus if you have been on the same estrogen dose for 2 years, it's likely you could need more - perhaps your own contribution from your ovaries has decreased more...

Pippa52

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 06:02:57 PM »

I can't really offer any advice as am still trying to sort out my own oestrogen levels so am in a similar position which is why I just wanted to say so sorry you are suffering and send you love and empathy and do hope you start to feel better soon xx

Nas

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 06:24:39 PM »

Review due later in the year CLKD.

Think you are right joziel, probably easier to increase Oestrogen, than meddle with the Mirena mid way through the ‘ settling in period’.
I hadn’t considered that that ovaries might be producing less.
It’s almost like a few days ago, they spouted out a huge spike of Oestrogen ( hence libido etc) and have now shut down, all in the space of a few days, is this even possible??

Thanks Pippa, I know you have your own issues to contend with, but I do hope you can get sorted in due course too. It’s a totally unrelenting journey ! X

joziel

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2022, 06:35:14 PM »

Yes, that's very possible Nas. That's what they do in peri.  :'(

Nas

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2022, 06:42:06 PM »

Oh my... I’d forgotten all this.
It’s exactly what happened during peri ( what i thought was peri at least!)
A huge spike of Oestrogen with a huge libido and then... it was gone... over a few days! The exact same thing has happened again, 4 years later!!  :(

Marchlove

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2022, 08:18:46 PM »

Interesting!

But yes, that’s exactly what’s happens naturally in our cycle. Also on a daily basis.
Spike and libido, then decline.
This constant drip when on patches or gel is not natural.

This needs further thought…

joziel

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2022, 09:02:04 PM »

I agree Marchlove, because that is one little theory I have about why some women like me find it so hard to tolerate estrogen from anywhere except our own ovaries.

Marchlove

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2022, 09:21:50 PM »

This is why, I believe, estrogen implants are supposed to be the best way for ERT.
Apparently it’s something about it releasing from the implant as the body perceives it’s needed.
A long time since I read the article, but from memory more is released during time of energy requirement.

The only message I get from this in terms of how we can apply this to our own situation, is that we should try and mimic this as best we can, by creating  a peak and trough. Albeit not perfect! X

joziel

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2022, 09:50:56 PM »

I think I'd be too scared to try an estrogen implant after just what happened to me  ;D

Really, why don't they measure our individual estrogen fluctuations during a few cycles of peak reproductive health (ie 25yo) - and then replicate that using estrogen when we become menopausal!   ;D ;D ;D

Gilla999

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2022, 06:47:04 AM »

What you describe does sound exactly like an Estrogen spike. Regular PMT is caused by the sudden drop in both Estrogen and Progesterone before a period, so it totally fits with what you're saying.

I would also be too scared to go down the implant route - I've read too much about addiction problems with them, but this is particularly relevant to me because of how my body reacts to Estrogen and may not be a concern to others.

Do you think you could wait it out and see if it was just a one off? The only other suggestion I could come up with is if it happens again, to temporarily increase your HRT for a few days to get yourself over the hump - not easy on the patch, you might need to add something else in and there's a chance you may end up creating more instability for yourself I guess, as you'd have to then reduce it again.

Marchlove

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2022, 07:07:37 AM »

Do you take testosterone Nas? xx

Floo36

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2022, 07:42:04 AM »

Nas, I think an increase is needed and I’d say you are peri. I have horrific low Estrogen symptoms basically all of them but I still get spikes, I had one on Monday where I had that sudden libido and felt good generally then gone again.  The ovaries can spurt out huge amounts as they are packing up. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2022, 08:37:08 AM »

:bighug:
Pages: [1] 2