Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Bleed on continuous hrt  (Read 841 times)

Michelle46

Bleed on continuous hrt
« on: August 20, 2022, 08:38:38 PM »

Hi everyone.
I've been on continuous hrt for 18 months now. I was on sequential for 4 years before that(I was perimenopausal then). I've still been having a light bleed,sometimes 10 weeks apart,some 6 and some 2. The blood is very dark though,like the end of a period. Could this mean I'm near the end of having bleeds. I'm 52.

Taz2

Re: Bleed on continuous hrt
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 08:58:01 PM »

Hi Michelle. Have you had the bleeding checked out at all? Bleeding on conti HRT is common for the first six months but usually after this time any bleeding stops. I just wondered whether you had been offered a scan to check your womb lining thickness. Doctors usually use age  to decide when to start conti if already on sequi and this seems to be around the age of 53 so it could be that you were still peri menopausal when you started conti.
Taz x

Michelle46

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 09:06:02 PM »

I went on continuous when I was 50. I could have still been having my own period but I'm not sure. I had a scan 12 to 18 months ago for something else but I remember my lining was only about 2mm.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 09:46:31 PM »

It may be worth mentioning to your GP that you are experiencing bleeding still just to make sure it's ok as I think bleeding after 6 months can show your lining needs checking.

Taz

Michelle46

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 10:39:27 PM »

Thankyou. I will speak with my doctor next week and see what she says. I have an appointment booked for Thursday for something else but will ask her.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 11:44:21 PM »

Let us know what she says.  :)