Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Feeling drained  (Read 1502 times)

Unicorn

Feeling drained
« on: August 17, 2022, 01:00:21 PM »

Hi all ❤ hope you're all well (as well as can be expected) 😊

I have been on Sandrena gel daily and progesterone every 15 days for 12 days since March now, as I had horrendous symptoms daily.  I have now had the sandrena gel increased since the beginning of July to 1.5 sachets but recently gone up to 2 sachets.  I'm now day 3 of my withdrawal bleed from the progesterone tablets.

The thing is, I feel absolutely wiped out....

I don't know whether it's the hrt, peri or the withdrawal of progesterone that's making me feel so awful.  Since starting hrt, I do feel more 'normal' but by no means, not fantastic. Maybe I'm asking a bit much! It's that I have so much to get done, with a full time nursing job, years ago would have been no trouble.

I'm at a loss x

Suffering pounding heart that pounds up into my face and head, flushing face, fuey feeling in head/dizzy and feeling icky this morning 😪 .  It feels like I'm wading through treacle.  I also feel a bit weepy (probably because I feel like crap). I honestly thought the HRT increase would sort this out on a all round monthly basis.  I have been on the increase of Sandrena for 1 and a half months.Not sure whether a change in antidepressant would help? Not sure if it's an anxiety thing or a thing in itself xxx  I feel worse just after withdrawal of the the utrogestan.  I want some bounce back.

I have been on 2 sachets for about 2 weeks now.

Also, how can you tell if you have reached menopause by taking cyclical HRT? I know that when the time comes from stopping the progesterone and you get the withdrawal bleed, would that still happen if your periods are no more?  Im very confused 😊

Any advice would be gratefully received xx
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 03:47:09 PM by Unicorn »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feeling drained
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 01:48:10 PM »

It's the heat = confusion  ::)

Peri-menopause are the years prior to the final period.  However, we can't tell until we have been 12-14 months without any type of bleed whether we are menopause.  Stopping may well give you an idea but may also begin up uncomfortable symptoms.

Maybe 2 sachets are too much?  Could you drop it down .......... mayB every 3rd night?  Hopefully someone will be along, if not put the name of the products into the search box. There may be threads to read.  Make notes ;-)

Unicorn

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 03:41:00 PM »

Lol! Thank you CKLD ❤ the recent heatwave has fried my brain further 😆😳❤

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 03:43:51 PM »

Fried is an apt description .  :D

Unicorn

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 04:47:18 PM »

😆😆😆🤯🤯 x

joziel

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2022, 09:11:43 PM »

To answer the question about the sequential HRT...

What can happen is you stop bleeding even when taking sequential. Or the bleeding is very light and more of a withdrawal bleed caused by stopping the progesterone, rather than a proper period (so would likely be prevented by just 100mg of utrogestan, which is the continuous dose).

Newson recommend trying to move to continuous after one year of sequential, because research shows that continuous does protect the uterus better than sequential - but obviously not all women would be ready to move after a year.

Unicorn

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2022, 09:12:10 AM »

Thank you Joziel! That explains a lot xxx

Suffering pounding heart, flushing face and feeling icky this morning 😪 .  I honestly thought the HRT increase would sort this out on a all round monthly basis.  Not sure whether a change in antidepressant would help? Not sure if it's an anxiety thing or a thing in itself xxx  I feel worse just after withdrawal of the the utrogestan xxx
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 09:13:48 AM by Unicorn »

joziel

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2022, 11:16:53 AM »

I'm sorry to say it but I am more and more convinced that pounding heart, tachycardia etc, are all symptoms of some kind of reaction to estrogen - usually an increase or too much of it. No one seems to be able to work out exactly what is going on...

Unicorn

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2022, 11:21:36 AM »

Thanks Joziel, it's weird, but I had it worse without HRT.... it was nearly 24/7.... so confusing isn't it? Xxx

joziel

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2022, 11:36:21 AM »

Oh in that case you're right, it could be low estrogen for you.

How did it start, just out of the blue? Before HRT I had some skipped beat palps in the evenings, but they weren't this relentless fluttering which HRT gave me.

Unicorn

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2022, 11:53:20 AM »

Im 48 now.  It started with pounding heart, hot face, anxiety, hot sweats at night and low mood about 4 years ago.... it was hideous! I thought it was regular anxiety as I have had anxiety in the past and I thought my antidepressant needed changing.  Before this crap, I felt good for years.  Then I realised it felt different to the usual anxiety and some random lady in the Doctor's surgery suggested perimenopause..... my periods were still pretty regular, but it made more sense.

There is some improvement whereas I don't feel so crap, but I think I have got used to it now.  I think the time when I come of the utrogestan is when I feel worse xx

joziel

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2022, 01:32:56 PM »

You could try a continuous regime with utrogestan every day? Some women do better on the steady same every day hormones...

You might get some breakthrough bleeding if it's too early for you to switch, but if your doctor agrees, you could try and switch back if that happens.

Unicorn

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2022, 03:14:56 PM »

Thank you Joziel, that's a thought and because I'm still having periods, didn't think it was an option at the mo xx

joziel

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2022, 04:05:04 PM »

Sometimes women are put onto continuous regimes even though they are peri. For eg, endo sufferers need continuous progesterone usually - to oppose the estrogen and stop their endo getting aggravated by it. That's why I'm peri and on continuous utrogestan.

Mood is another reason women might do better on continuous even during peri. There's nothing 'dangerous' about it, it just might cause some breakthrough bleeding.

Unicorn

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2022, 08:32:04 AM »

Omg, the pounding heart, hot face and icky feeling is brutal this morning 😒 I am at the end of my tether xxxxx
Pages: [1] 2