Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Help hrt issues  (Read 967 times)

Epona52

Help hrt issues
« on: August 17, 2022, 02:26:14 PM »

Hi ladies, I'm new on here and desperate for some help, I'm nearly 53 and have been on oestrogen pump 3 pumps daily and a small pea sized of tostran daily, this has been my regime for about 3 years, but in the last 2 years I've had crippling anxiety and low mood issues, just recently due to the shortage of gel I have been switched to sandrena gel 3 sachets twice daily, I now have daily sweating and really bad mood swings, yesterday I went into the garden sat and just cried, I have also been prescribed evorel patches for when the sandrena runs out!!! I feel worried about all this swapping this for that, does anybody know if the oestrdiol gel will be in good supply soon, also I feel like the sandrena 6 sachets a day maybe too much, they are 0.5mg, any advice would be much appreciated.
Also the patches I've been prescribed are 100mg,
Feeling upset and confused  :'(
Xx

Joaniepat

Re: Help hrt issues
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 03:28:12 PM »

Hi, welcome to the forum.
If you were on 3 pumps Oestrogel, the equivalent would be 3 x 0.5 mg Sandrena, not 6. Sounds like a prescribing error. A 0.5 mg sachet is eqivalent to one pump Oestrogel. (A 1 mg sachet of Sandrena = 2 pumps Oestrogel.) I'm not surprised you feel rotten if you have doubled your E dose.
As a patch user, I am not sure where we are with the Oestrogel shortage, but hopefully other gel users will be along soon.
JP x

Epona52

Re: Help hrt issues
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 04:04:34 PM »

Hi Joaniepat, thank you so much for your kind reply, it's been bugging me for days that something is wrong with the dose but it clearly says 3 sachets twice daily, then in brackets 3 sachets is the same as two pumps of the old gel, meaning the estradiol pump pack, even though I was on 3 pumps and still experiencing horrible anxiety but gp said 3 pumps was enough, I had my blood test done a few months ago and it said my estradiol levels were 189, and  gp said that this was good, just frustrated as I can't get my normal gel, pharmacy is always out of stock so I get what I'm given!
Xx