Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Newbie,  (Read 1357 times)

Magpie82

• First Flush
Newbie,
« on: August 13, 2022, 01:23:12 PM »

Hi, I’m after some advice. My Dr don’t think I’m starting going through the menopause as they sat I’m too young (40). I’m having hot sweats during the day, also at night which are keeping me awake. My memory is absolutely rubbish and my hubby has said he don’t talk to me much now as I’m biting his head off all the time as I’m very moody. My periods are all over the place regarding flow. I’ve spoken to 3 different doctors over the last 6/7 months. I just don’t know what to do!!!!!! :'( :'( :'(

jaypo

Re: Newbie,
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 01:30:41 PM »

You are NEVER too young for menopause,peri can start anytime,my friend was 36 when she started,so my advice would be to go back to your Dr and tell him/her that you believe you ARE menopausal,sadly a lot of drs have no clue about this matter and it is so frustrating but maybe if you mention to them,you have been on this forum,they may listen. Look around the threads and you will get lots of helpful advice  :)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 02:01:39 PM »

Hello Maggie82. Jaypo is right. You are not too young for the menopause. I am sorry you have been dismissed my uneducated doctors. My symptoms started at 38 and I was told I was too young. I insisted on trying HRT. I think that may be the best option for you and also to ask to be seen at a menopause clinic. There is a long waiting list but once you get on the list at least you are half way there.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 03:29:23 PM »

:welcomemm:
Your symptoms sound very much like meno to me. As above, you can start at any age. You shouldn't need a meno clinic, your own gp should prescribe something suitable. Print off the Advice for Husbands pinned post and put it under hubby's nose. You may well be grumpy (I was too) but it isn't your fault.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 09:51:43 PM by sheila99 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2022, 04:11:43 PM »

Your GPs should be reported to someone ..........  >:(

Ask for a referral to a dedicated menopause clinic.  As mentioned 1 shouldn't need to but because GPs and many Gynaes have not idea about hormonal upheaval, it is often better to get onto a Clinic Appt. list.

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress.

Browse round.   :welcomemm:  make notes.  Ask away.

HRT can help protect heart and bones ;-)

Let us know how you get on?