Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Femoston 110  (Read 789 times)

Hopeful2

Femoston 110
« on: August 13, 2022, 09:44:35 PM »

Hi ladies

Was wondering if anyone used this and had hair loss. Sorry I've posted already about this. Only used it 3 nights and hairline ****ling already. The night is coming and I'm scared to take it again. Getting myself in right panick don't think I can force myself to take it. Thanks for your kind help.

Hopeful2

Re: Femoston 110
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 08:05:03 AM »

Morning Ladies

Hope you are all coping in this heat.

I made myself take Femoston again for 4th night last night and hair insanely itchy today, but not falling out and skin all flaking off my legs again just like when I took Elleste duet. I was hoping to get femseven sequi but it's out of stock expected September menopause website says but don't know if this would be any better.

I suppose I will have to go back to utrogestan & gel again although this made my mouth sore. Could I start this in a few days when burning itchy head settles.

Sorry for long post and rambling on. Thanks for your help.

joziel

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 12:14:10 PM »

I think that, until you address the underlying histamine intolerance issues, you're not likely to be able to tolerate any estrogen...

Google 'histamine intolerance estrogen dr tina peers' and also 'histamine intolerance estrogen lara briden'...

Hopeful2

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2022, 02:43:41 PM »

Thank you Joziel. I never heard of this. Do you think my GP will know anything about this? Thank you so much for sharing this information.

joziel

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2022, 08:12:54 PM »

Sadly it's quite a new thing - the histamine intolerance thing. I've mentioned it to a few different GPs in relation to some of my symptoms recently and none of them seem to have heard of it. If you google Dr Tina Peers and listen/watch the interviews that come up (some on YouTube, some on the Liz Earle podcast), you'll hear her story - she is a GP and her own daughter had all kinds of symptoms and appeared to have histamine intolerance really badly. Not everyone has such extreme symptoms, but helping her daughter is what led her to research it.

Increasing estrogen also increases histamine, and estrogen also down-regulates the DAO your body produces (which is the enzyme that breaks down histamine), so if you are teetering on the edge of histamine intolerance anyway but pretty symptom-free, adding in estrogen can just push you over the edge...

Flamingo

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 09:27:27 PM »

I’ve got exactly the same symptoms on Femoston 2/10 scalp burning and skin dry and itchy. It’s such a shame because I feel so much better on the Femoston in other ways, always felt crap and full of anxiety on the patch. However I can’t carry on with this unless taking an anti histamine would help? Will have a listen if the podcasts thanks joziel :) x

Hopeful2

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2022, 08:29:03 PM »

Thanks so much Joziel for all the information I am going to ask about this 💐.

Did you do better on patches then Flamingo. Maybe you should go back to them if you didn't get side effects. Which patches have you tried if you don't mind me asking?

Flamingo

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2022, 03:24:55 PM »

Hi, I was on Everol 100mg but never felt really well. Will have to give up and go back on them if this persists as it’s getting to me.  Just feels like one thing after another.  There seems to be a side effect with every medication.  What about you? I took an antihistamine today but now just feel sleepy! 🤣 x

Hopeful2

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2022, 06:12:10 PM »

Hi Flamingo

Maybe you should ask your GP if you can stop Femoston to protect your scalp and change back to your patch or switch to a different one. I spoke to GP yesterday he said I can stop & go back to utrogestan/oestrogel in a few days. So I didn't take mine last night, but scalp still burning & sore, I expect it will be for a while like it did last time when I took Elleste Duet tablets.

I tried utrogestan & oestrogel didn't get on great with it really itchy, but still would prefer it to the these tablets.

Did your scalp burn when you were on the Everol patches? What side effects did you have with the patch?

Hope your scalp settles down soon I know how uncomfortable it is 🤗