Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Can't stop crying  (Read 839 times)

floraljo

Can't stop crying
« on: November 16, 2022, 06:44:18 PM »

Hi,
41, early menopause, recently had pelvic pain and back pain alongside lots of sudden crying all the time. Uncontrollable weeping. I'm not on hrt because my oestrogen was high in previous tests. But desperate to stop all the crying! Did anyone have this symptom and what helped?
Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Can't stop crying
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 07:00:26 PM »

OH! have a  :hug:

How R your periods, was this usual on a cyclic basis?

As oestrogen levels drop, muscles may become lax = aches and pains and body may become dry: inside and out!

Make notes.  Browse round.  Have U tried gentle exercise, with pain relief as necessary?

floraljo

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 07:03:32 PM »

No, spontaneous crying is completely out of character for me.  I did get terrible PMT with suicidal thoughts but not weeping.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 07:13:12 PM »

How long did those symptoms last?

Nature gave us feelings so we cry.  Do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary to charge progress, including those better days?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 07:15:07 PM »

I am so sorry floraljo. Are you feeling sad when you cry or is the crying not related?

I am not sure if oestrogen being high is a reason not to be on HRT but hopefully other members will know more because to me it sounds like you could benefit from HRT.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2022, 07:31:35 PM »

Crying all the time was definitely a symptom for me! In fact, I’m sure I’ve probably written a very similar post to yours on this forum a few years back!

Maybe don’t focus too much on the blood test results as things change so much in peri.  Also it could be a result of changing progesterone levels which don’t get measured.

As you are so young, have you thought of a pill. I’ve heard that qlaria and zoely are good.

floraljo

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2022, 07:59:34 PM »

The crying isn't because of feeling sad. The slightest thing will make me weep!

Nik2502

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2022, 08:16:54 PM »

Hi

Uncontrollable crying was one of my worst symptoms. HRT has helped. I would get a second opinion. 

Nik xx

Jayjem

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2022, 02:03:42 PM »

Hi Flrajo,

Yep that was one of my symptoms. I would burst into tears at the tiniest of things and couldn't stop. Things I would normally gloss over bothered me and I felt like an emotional mess. For me I think it was low oestrogen. I am now on oestrogen patches. Everyone is different and I think our bodies respond differently. Until joining this forum I didn't realise the effect hormone fluctuations can have on you.

I am thinking of you. Stay in touch.