Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Recent changes in symptoms.... Oestrogel...  (Read 2253 times)

alibeau

Recent changes in symptoms.... Oestrogel...
« on: August 15, 2022, 10:57:04 AM »

So, I'm just looking for a bit of insight really....

I've recently turned 50.  Started with peri about 4/5 years ago. Started on Femoston 1/10 and then 2/10.

I've now been on Oestrogel (3 pumps) and Utrogestan (2 tablets orally for 14 nights) for about 18 months and I think it generally suits me well.  I do have my ups and downs with symptoms but I stick with the regime.

For the past couple of months my 'periods' have been heavier (not overly heavy just more like a proper period, for the most part my bleeds had become very light since starting this regime).

I have felt a little low, quite irritable and also constant quivery internal anxiety.

I'm just wondering what's going on with my body in the background, does it sound like my body is having one last push of hormones? Should I reduce my Oestrogel a smidge to see if that helps reduce my physical anxiety? Or have I got that wrong?

I have always stuck religiously to not messing with my dosage, this became a little more tricky with the whole amber/green Oestrogel situation but I'm just wondering if a slight reduction may ease my unpleasant quivering?

Many thanks.

Ali x

PS Should have also said that my achy hips are getting really quite painful at times so I think I will need to speak to my GP about this at some point soon.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 11:00:24 AM by alibeau »

Dotty

Re: Recent changes in symptoms.... Oestrogel...
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 11:30:29 AM »

Hi you may need to increase the Oestrogel as your own reserves of oestrogen May have dropped . x

JenniferKnowles

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 12:18:25 PM »

Hello alibeau

I too experience the jittery/internal physical anxiety, its horrible.

Is this down to low levels of oestrogen?

Jen x

Floo36

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 12:30:23 PM »

Sounds like your own levels have dropped so an increase may be needed.

Amazing grace

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2022, 12:37:24 PM »

I too am having the same issue been on estrogel ages always stuck to the regime, I'm having those internal quivering anxiety feelings, I've also had ups and downs on hrt but recently things got worse, I tested and my estrogen levels were low, so 21 days ago I upped from 3 pumps to 4, now I'm suffering stomach bloating and swollen boobs, doesn't make any sense, I just can't seem to get a happy balance, hope you find an answer to the feeling, I thought low but with increase its still there with other problems added to it, I use estrogen only so definitely not progesterone causing it for me, hoping if I stick to 4 the side effects might subside x

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2022, 12:47:16 PM »

Amazing grace - I would increase more slowly, start with quarter or half a pump and build up if you need it. Some people seem to need a slower build up. You may (or may not) find that 4 pumps is too much.
Alibeau - I'm inclined to agree with the others that it's more likely you need more not less oestrogen. You can get large peaks and troughs in late peri which are difficult to manage but hopefully it means you'll be on a more even keel soon.

Amazing grace

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2022, 01:26:44 PM »

Thanks Sheila, I will try that, thanks x

alibeau

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2022, 01:55:17 PM »

Thanks everyone.

I am getting confused then as I presumed if my body had kicked in in the background that I may have too much Oestrogen not too low??!?! God this is all so confusing....  ;D

I will try adding a little more Oestrogel tomorrow then and see how I go....

Just to add I have found that a good walk really helps with the internal jittering, the benefit doesn't last long but whilst I am walking I feel so much better....  :)

Thanks again.

Ali x

Amazing grace

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2022, 02:54:16 PM »

Good luck alibeau, hope the increase works for you, I know what you mean when you say it's all confusing, I agree about walking, I take my dog a walk every morning and the jitters settle while I'm out, but returns within a few hours if only it would last x

alibeau

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2022, 09:07:24 PM »

Good luck alibeau, hope the increase works for you, I know what you mean when you say it's all confusing, I agree about walking, I take my dog a walk every morning and the jitters settle while I'm out, but returns within a few hours if only it would last x

Aww thank you!

Yes I try and get out on a dog walk every day, it helps in so many ways  :)

Hope you manage to find a better balance with your Oestrgel dose too, good luck  :)

Ali x

alibeau

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2022, 08:18:54 PM »

Hello ladies,

Just a quick update from me in case it’s of help to anyone…

I increased my Oestrogel by about half a pump, a little less to begin with.  So I am now using three and a half pumps a day.

My internal quivering/jittering has definitely eased off in the main but my achey hips are now worse than ever.

Does my hip problem tie in with increasing my oestrogel at all? Would just like to be as clued up as pos for if/when I speak to GP.

Many thanks.

Ali x

alibeau

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2022, 08:24:08 PM »

So I’m struggling again  :(

Looking back to this post, I’ve not felt ‘right’ since August. I increased my Oestrogel from 3 pumps to 3 1/2 and I posted back on here that it had helped my internal quivery anxiety.

I am using three pumps in the morning and half a pump in the evening.

The past few weeks my mood has been the lowest in a long time and it’s never been this prolonged either. I have a lot of personal stress to deal with and so I don’t know if it’s that or my hormones or both.

Yesterday I had a migraine and today I just feel wiped out, foggy and woozy and on the verge of crying. The internal quivering is back and unbearable at times…..

My get up and go has gone and I can’t wait to get back to bed, I think the anxiety is just leaving my exhausted.

I’m not sure what to do?

Any advice please?

Ali x
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 08:39:00 PM by alibeau »

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2022, 08:53:33 PM »

Hi Alibeau
I’m exactly the same. I can’t seem to get along with Oestrogel recently. I can only assume it’s to do with the different manufacturers. I didn’t want to believe that it would affect me but it has.

I also agree that I’ve had dips before, but they’ve never lasted as long this one.

I’ve decided to swap to Sandrena to see if that helps.

I’m sorry I can’t help but can only let you know that you aren’t alone.

Take care x

alibeau

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2022, 09:15:00 PM »

Thank you, I appreciate your reply and you have actually given me an idea…

I have one bottle of Amber oestrogel in my stash, I might start back on three pumps of that tomorrow and see if that helps at all…

I don’t want it to be true but I suspected last year that I didn’t get on with the ‘Green’ Oestrogel and when the extra half pump seemed to help I still wasn’t sure….

Would love to hear how you get on with Sandrena, I hope it works for you..

I’ve just had a good cry and a moan too so I am feeling a little lighter now!

Thanks again.

Ali x

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2022, 08:47:57 AM »

Let me know how you get on with the other bottle. At least it could eliminate if it is the gel causing problems.

What with the supply issues of most hrt medications this year, I will be glad when I can get a consistent dose applied for a few months.
Pages: [1] 2