Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: levels of estrogen  (Read 3422 times)

Floo36

Re: levels of estrogen
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2022, 07:24:51 PM »

I don’t agree that if by increasing the dose a bit there is no improvement then to reduce down again, symptoms don’t improve at all unless a certain level is reached then it’s about tweaking to improve further. Think about when we first have symptoms then as levels drop further more symptoms appear.  We only start getting any symptoms when our Estrogen drops to a certain level which is vastly different between us.  If we are not on the right type and dose nothing will change that’s why we have to increase until we notice a change.  I don’t absorb anything at all on some Estrogen types so by increasing we sort of prove it when nothing changes so then move on to another type. Blood tests do not prove how much we absorb, I know I’ve done loads to prove it. Symptoms are what we should go by not dose.

Tora

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2022, 08:35:41 AM »

I agree Floo36, symptoms are what I gauge my dose on. I’ve had a lot of tests but the only number I care about is not being under 800. My body tells me when levels lower, symptoms start to slowly return if I decrease dose and I don’t want to live with symptoms. Everybody will feel different about their symptoms, what they find acceptable or what they can work around or treat with other meds is a highly personal choice.
I didn’t have palpitations/flutters before HRT yet it is the first symptom that returns when I reduce dose. I think some of us will have to adjust estrogen for the rest of our life as needs will change with age etc.

Kelrob12

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2022, 08:53:50 AM »

Yes I agree absorption makes a difference. I have been put on a list for a meno clinic through my GP. I don't want to change anything until I see them. I do struggle with knowing which symptoms are related to the oestrogen though. Im worried about lowering and getting more symptoms! Most people who haven't gone thru peri just think of  hot flushes as a symptom. So once they go - your on the right dose - even the endocrinologist asked - any hot flushes ? no good your dose is fine. When actually there are so many more symptoms of low estrogen. Then you have the symptoms of unbalanced hormones or low testosterone! Total minefield!
x

Tora

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2022, 09:02:12 AM »

Yes I agree absorption makes a difference. I have been put on a list for a meno clinic through my GP. I don't want to change anything until I see them. I do struggle with knowing which symptoms are related to the oestrogen though. Im worried about lowering and getting more symptoms! Most people who haven't gone thru peri just think of  hot flushes as a symptom. So once they go - your on the right dose - even the endocrinologist asked - any hot flushes ? no good your dose is fine. When actually there are so many more symptoms of low estrogen. Then you have the symptoms of unbalanced hormones or low testosterone! Total minefield!
x

The hot flush Q! 🤬 Totally agree with you, I’ve not had one since day 1 of HRT yet many doc’s treated me as ‘cured’! Flushes we’re my easiest symtom, the rest was far harder!

Kelrob12

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2022, 09:07:45 AM »

Exactly my hot flushes went super quickly on quite a low dose. But I certainly didn't feel great in any other way 😂
x

Kelrob12

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2022, 09:24:25 AM »

Floo36 and tora,

It sounds like you guys have done  up and down tweaking. Can you tell me what symptoms you used as a guide? Have you both used too much estrogen and what symptoms did you get?
One thing that I have just thought about this week is that I have far more cellulite than I did before having my ovaries removed and looking online this can be high oestrogen? Anxiety is another one that is confusing as can be both high and low estrogen? Dizziess? headaches?
Wouldn't it be so much easier if there was definitive list!
x

Floo36

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2022, 10:17:39 AM »

I think it would be impossible for me to have too much via HRT as I dont absorb much. I do however know what it feels like when I have high spikes of estogen (my own estrogen), I get a sudden libido which I dont like but all my other low estrogen symptoms go like dry everything, palps, hot flushes, anxiety, jitters, panic, dizziness, heavy head, tinnitus to name a few, it never lasts long though.  I would love to get the relief but without the crazy libido.  I never had cellulite until the start of peri 10 years ago.

Nas, that's why I asked if you were peri because you mentioned a libido that would come and go, it happens to me when I'm fluctuating high estrogen.  It baffled me for a while because I was told i was menopause but turns out Im not, Im very peri. 

Nas

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2022, 10:39:27 AM »

Oh crickey Floo,maybe I am peri then. I hadn’t thought of that at all!
I went 27 months without a period and bloods seem to have confirmed post menopause.

The only thing I can say is, that for well over a year ( whilst on HRT) my Oestrogen levels have been consistent at between 300 and 400. I’ve tested every 3 months.

Prior to that ( peri so I thought) they plummeted from 700 to 100 in a short space of time.

When I’ve had no HRT, zero Oestrogen has been detected.

No idea at all, except this libido is crazy and conducive to my pregnancy libido. I just put it down to the HRT working.

Tora

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2022, 10:40:38 AM »

Hi Keirob,

I don’t think I’ve ever had symptoms of too much estrogen. From what I’ve read on here painful/swollen boobs is a symptom and I’ve never had that.
I don’t think I’ve got an absorption problem, I just need a high level to stop symptoms. I’ve reduced several times  and felt great until day 6/7 when palps/fuzzy chest start, wake up feeling sad, wake up in the night for a pee, anxiety starts etc. I’ve not tried to reduce this month and feel good so tweaking is on hold for now!

Floo36

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2022, 12:28:56 PM »

It’s mad isn’t it. Bloods can show you menopausal one minute and not the next so not much use to determine status because of how erratic this time can be, mine are anyway.  I think a lot of us are led to believe that high Estrogen symptoms are the same as low because of one off Estrogen bloods that come back high when in fact they were fluctuations and not what they are most of the time, in my experience anyway. 

joziel

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2022, 01:46:04 PM »

Two high FSH readings are pretty conclusive that you are menopausal.

It's only during peri that we can't tell what is happening because your estrogen could be all over the place whilst your FSH is still low.

Floo36

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2022, 02:25:00 PM »

Ive had FSH done probably 5 times and 2 x menopausal, 3 x not. 

joziel

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2022, 03:12:05 PM »

It's 2 consecutive high readings. So if high, low etc, it's not...

Kelrob12

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2022, 04:57:04 PM »

Hi Keirob,

I don’t think I’ve ever had symptoms of too much estrogen. From what I’ve read on here painful/swollen boobs is a symptom and I’ve never had that.
I don’t think I’ve got an absorption problem, I just need a high level to stop symptoms. I’ve reduced several times  and felt great until day 6/7 when palps/fuzzy chest start, wake up feeling sad, wake up in the night for a pee, anxiety starts etc. I’ve not tried to reduce this month and feel good so tweaking is on hold for now!

Yeah my boobs don't hurt. They grew a size when I started HRT but have stayed the same even when I increase dose. I are fibroids after starting HRT again its hasn't grow with increasing my patch. I remember having to pee overnight a lot and feeling more sad on a lower dose and I think my joints hurt more- but cant remember it that was 50mg or 10mg. I still have brain fog and tiredness. I think my endocrinologist isn't great tbh. I said my joints hurt she says take chondritn, I say im anxious she says that's life. Same with sex drive. I think its time to get a new one. 😂
x

Nas

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2022, 12:46:36 PM »

No clue if I am menopausal or peri now.
All i know is, I had no period from Aug 2018-Dec 2020 and then erratic bleeding on patches.

In Oct 2019 my oestrogen was 771.
By December 2019, it was 118.

The highest it has reached with any hrt is 462.
No HRT equals zero oestrogen within a week.

Currently 300 odd, with a 75 patch.

Is that peri or post meno?
Pages: 1 [2] 3