Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Ovulation  (Read 668 times)

Emsie

Ovulation
« on: August 10, 2022, 03:12:53 PM »

hi

i am in peri, and having had the coil removed i am just learning whats going on with my cycle and how this associates with my mood....

So my cycle has been around every 21-23 days for the last few months and based on this I think I could be ovulating around now...interestingly enough I started to get anxiety on Saturday and still have it in the morning, feel very frisky but yet very angry and so so tired....I have also had stomach cramps yesterday and today.

Its weird i could have sex but yet could kill someone at the same time  ;D.

Anyone else experience this during peri/ovulation phase?

thank you
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 03:19:00 PM by Emsie »

joziel

Re: Ovulation
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 06:11:00 PM »

Emsie, if your periods are that short it is unlikely you're ovulating. Get a copy of Lara Briden's 'Hormone Repair Manual' for the over 40s - it will explain more. If your cycle is that short it is more likely an anovulatory bleed, not a true period with the shedding of an egg after ovulation and a corpus luteum producing progesterone.

You might want to supplement with body identical utrogestan progesterone in the luteal phase - after when you would usually have ovulated. Because if you don't ovulate, you don't produce progesterone of your own - which is what leads to many peri symptoms.... Lara Briden recommends using utrogestan first, before considering estrogen.

Low progesterone is also what causes the symptoms you're describing there...

Emsie

Re: Ovulation
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 02:42:21 PM »

Thank you so much for this, I wasnt aware this can happen.

So confusing all this.

thanks again x