Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: ****ling in face  (Read 1127 times)

Hopeful2

****ling in face
« on: August 12, 2022, 08:15:48 AM »

Good morning Ladies

I just started Femoston HRT 2 nights ago and both nights I've had bad ****ling on the sides of my head along hairline. I do have this sometimes but it always gets more severe when I start HRT. Should I stop taking it or see if it settles. I'm so desperate for it to work, but with ****ling not getting much sleep.

Thank you for your help.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: ****ling in face
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 09:17:33 AM »

Would it hurt to stop ?  It depends on how you take the HRT ......... 

Hopeful2

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 09:22:55 AM »

Thank you for your reply.

I am so desperate for HRT to work. I am struggling trying to carry on like this.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 11:40:39 AM »

Is the sensation bearable as symptoms may settle during the next few weeks.  Is there anything in the leaflet in the box which gives advice?

U could put the product name into the search box on the Forum to see if threads pop up - make notes. ;-)

Dada39

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2022, 10:22:25 AM »

Good morning Ladies

I just started Femoston HRT 2 nights ago and both nights I've had bad ****ling on the sides of my head along hairline. I do have this sometimes but it always gets more severe when I start HRT. Should I stop taking it or see if it settles. I'm so desperate for it to work, but with ****ling not getting much sleep.

Thank you for your help.
Hi Hopeful,
Did you have this sensation when you were taken other Hrt? I had  this when I tried Femoston 2 mg oestrogen/10. Itchy scalp and then hairloss. What dosage are you on? What other hrt did you try ? Was it working ?

Hopeful2

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2022, 02:17:01 PM »

Thanks for your reply. I had hair loss with elleste duet. Then tried utrogestan & gel which I took for 2 months hair much better but sore spots on back. Scared I will have hair loss with Femoston 1mg now. I've only taken for 3 days maybe I should stop my skin feels strange too especially around face & eyes. Really scared now maybe I should stop it.

Hopeful2

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2022, 02:38:50 PM »

Has anyone else had ****ling in face  along hairline and flaky skin and it was ok. I can't believe I have to stop this too. Is there any hope for a normal life anymore  :'(

Dada39

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2022, 06:28:08 PM »

Thanks for your reply. I had hair loss with elleste duet. Then tried utrogestan & gel which I took for 2 months hair much better but sore spots on back. Scared I will have hair loss with Femoston 1mg now. I've only taken for 3 days maybe I should stop my skin feels strange too especially around face & eyes. Really scared now maybe I should stop it.
Ok. I hope it will settle you will be fine. Maybe talknto your gp? It's a shame oestrogel and utrogestan was suiting you but giving you spot. Can you go back on it?  It's a matter of balance I guess oestrogel you can change dosing easily.

Hopeful2

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2022, 06:53:18 PM »

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I still have utrogestan & gel left I could restart but I thought the Femoston might suit better. I suppose I can't change over mid cycle. Did you find a hrt that suited?

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2022, 08:55:04 AM »

I don't advise chopping and changing.  Is there any in the info in the box?  This may stop after the body becomes used to the HRT.  Unpleasant to have to deal with, not knowing if this might be the case.

Hopeful2

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2022, 09:53:33 AM »

Thank you for your kind reply.

Its definetly the hrt as it did the same with elleste duet. I thought it was the progesterone part that women found hard to take but I'm only taking the oestrogen part so far.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2022, 10:32:04 AM »

Did this happen in your menstruating years? 

Hopeful2

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2022, 11:35:51 AM »

Hello.

I never had ****ling on face, itchy scalp and skin flaking like dandruff on legs this only happens when I take HRT 🤢, but I had bad acne & spots on back as a teenager which only cleared away when I started pill.

I feel worthless as symptoms are completely taking over thoughts. Thanks for your kind help.

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2022, 12:19:54 PM »

This too will pass ;-).

What is the current ****ling causing you to avoid?  In this heat it won't matter if you step back for a few days. 

If it stops when you ease off HRT, could the cause be the fillers or packing rather than the active ingredient?

Hopeful2

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2022, 02:49:34 PM »

Thank you for taking time to reply. I suppose you shouldn't stop & start. So confused about what to do next. Thank you.