Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hrt and weight gain  (Read 668 times)

flower1971

• First Flush
Hrt and weight gain
« on: August 10, 2022, 11:27:39 AM »

Hi 
I'm currently using everol patches 50mg and ureastrogen tablets 100mg   , I have put a stone on in weight    , not sure what to do if I should discontinue as anyone experienced this too
Thankyou

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hrt and weight gain
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 01:56:26 PM »

Hi! how long have you been on the HRT?

Has your GP done blood tests to include thyroid function (which can cause weight gain if out of kilter) as well as VitD tests?

How do you feel otherwise?  MayB consider why you started HRT and whether that symptom is any better?

Gilla999

Re: Hrt and weight gain
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 06:26:09 PM »

I also had considerable weight gain (more than you!) from HRT but it's not common, and after a 2 year journey I have come to the conclusion that it's because my Estrogen has been too high in relation to my Progesterone. I tried for a long time to reduce the HRT but would then get rebound side effects, so I don't think it was the E level in itself that has been the issue. Progesterone is often the forgotten hormone in terms of well being, but the balance between both E and P is so critical, as well as the levels themselves. Have you had a blood test recently to check the levels of both? X