Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Plaque Psoriasis  (Read 1308 times)

getting_old

Plaque Psoriasis
« on: June 30, 2022, 07:57:06 PM »

I have developed a patch of psoriasis in my hairline. At first I thought it was just a dry patch of skin but Dr Google says otherwise. Dr Google also says it's a meno symptom but I can't find much about it on the forum so I was wondering if anyone else was affected? I've decided to try coal tar shampoo before seeing the doctor, but it looks like tha just controls it, and there's no cure?

suziq99

• GBX Marine
Re: Plaque Psoriasis
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 12:42:05 PM »

I’ve had very mild psoriasis since puberty. It comes & goes, main triggers for me seem to be stress & high ferritin levels. Personally menopause has made no difference to it.
Coal tar shampoo is marvelous, I wish I could get my hands on some, my main bug bear is an itchy scalp.
You are correct there is no cure, but various treatments.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 12:45:16 PM »

Psoriasis thrives on stress!

For itchy places we use nivea or vaseline hand creams.  How about Savlon?  Or something with honey as that is a natural healer.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2022, 12:46:00 PM »

Boots sell Coal Tar Soap

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2022, 12:53:55 PM »

Boots sell Coal Tar Soap
No Boots in Spain 🥹

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2022, 12:54:43 PM »

Aaahhh .........  ::) could relatives/friends post you some?

or :

desertcart is the best online shopping platform where you can buy COAL TAR SOAP 75 GM from renowned brand(s). desertcart delivers the most unique and largest selection of products from across the world especially from the US, UK and India at best prices and the fastest delivery time.

Is COAL TAR SOAP 75 GM available and ready for delivery in Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Malaga, Valencia in Spain?

desertcart ships the COAL TAR SOAP 75 GM to Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Malaga, Valencia and more cities in Spain. Get unlimited free shipping in 164+ countries with desertcart Plus membership. We can deliver the COAL TAR SOAP 75 GM speedily without the hassle of shipping, customs or duties.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 12:56:19 PM by CLKD »

ATB

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2022, 01:32:03 PM »

It can be hard to tell the difference between psoriasis, eczema and dermatitis and the solutions are different for all. Psoriasis is notoriously difficult to get rid of and can be quite painful. It can also spread quickly all over the body so you want to stop it before that happens. I have had all 3 conditions and my husband was badly affected by psoriasis, it travelled very fast and he had a colleague who had it inside his eye so he was quite concerned. We used a number of ointments but in the end, it was a radical change in his quite poor diet and lifestyle that improved it. No alcohol at all for a year, green smoothies to clean up his gut and improve it long term and plenty of veg. It went completely  then every now and then it starts on the same place it originated and he has to be careful with drying hands, eating well etc and we have used various creams more for soothing than actually healing it up. e45 cream, pawpaw ointment, things like that. Good luck!

getting_old

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2022, 06:39:15 PM »

Thank you for the suggestions. I managed to get some coal tar shampoo and also a shampoo that contained salicylic (sp?) acid and a cream with that too. I tried the cream first but that seemed to seep into my hair and make a large area go very greasy (from a tiny blob!) so I'm not planning to use that again, so I'm now trying the shampoos.

suzysunday

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2022, 02:52:12 PM »

For scalp psoriasis I use Betnovate scalp application sparingly.  I think it's prescription only but it's effective.  Also of course the coal tar shampoo.

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2022, 01:04:22 PM »

Aaahhh .........  ::) could relatives/friends post you some?

or :

desertcart is the best online shopping platform where you can buy COAL TAR SOAP 75 GM from renowned brand(s). desertcart delivers the most unique and largest selection of products from across the world especially from the US, UK and India at best prices and the fastest delivery time.

Is COAL TAR SOAP 75 GM available and ready for delivery in Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Malaga, Valencia in Spain?

desertcart ships the COAL TAR SOAP 75 GM to Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Malaga, Valencia and more cities in Spain. Get unlimited free shipping in 164+ countries with desertcart Plus membership. We can deliver the COAL TAR SOAP 75 GM speedily without the hassle of shipping, customs or duties.

Thank you, just seem this. I will order some.

getting_old

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2022, 09:45:48 PM »

I've used the coal tar shampoo a few times now. So far nothing has changed, but I just wondered, for those who have used it, do you avoid putting conditioner on the area where you've used the coal tar shampoo?

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2022, 08:14:02 AM »

I rarely use conditioner.  MayB try for 3-4 weeks with the Coal Tar Soap and nowt else?

Ayesha

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2022, 09:19:20 AM »

I don’t want to sound any alarm bells but I also had the same condition that started in my fifties, a patch of eczema on the hairline,  back and forth to the doctors, tried all sorts of treatment but the end result was a basil carcinoma.
Don’t take for granted that its psoriasis, skin cancer can be a devious condition masking as something else.
Sorry to be alarmist!

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2022, 12:20:16 PM »

I've used the coal tar shampoo a few times now. So far nothing has changed, but I just wondered, for those who have used it, do you avoid putting conditioner on the area where you've used the coal tar shampoo?

You say, on the area ? 
As far as I’m aware you wash the whole scalp, unless it’s changed.
Anyway, I never used conditioner with the coaltar, seem to remember it might have been an all in one.