Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Flat mood symptoms  (Read 1486 times)

Vicky81

Flat mood symptoms
« on: August 09, 2022, 05:56:32 AM »

Hi all

Hope you all are doing well?

So since all this started with me,, my mood is just flat, my personality too is just flat. I don't feel emotions like excitement, upbeat, or looking forward to anything.  I just feel pan face ....like robotic each day.
Is this something you ladies can relate to as a peri symptom? Is this a sign of low Oestrogen?

Thanks so much

Vicjy xxx

Minusminnie

Re: Flat mood symptoms
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 06:15:39 AM »

Are you still on the Sertraline Vicky ?  as i have mentioned before my daughter was given this and although it helped the anxiety  after months on it at gradually increased doses she began to feel very very flat.  Her partner bought her a special red letter day out which for her would normally have been exciting but she felt nothing.  For other reasons she has now stopped taking the Sertraline so i can't comment further. How many months have you been on it ?

Vicky81

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 07:01:08 AM »

Hi
No i am on Duloxetine. Have been on this for quite some time now. But must admit, before any AD i had this flat feeling....so i guess its peri??

Thanks so much for replying xx

Vicky81

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 07:06:59 AM »

I also remember breaking down to my Mum a year ago at her house when it all really kicked off, saying "I feel empty. like all my emotions have gone. the only emotions i feel is anger and tearfulness"

I remember saying to my partner, that i feel like i have no connection to anyone, like i dont feel anything for anyone...

VanillaLover

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 09:36:30 AM »

I think perhaps your anxiety/depression is not quite properly controlled yet. That’s the first sign for me that I’m having a little dip, that I dont look forward to anything!

Did you seek out the CBT in the end ? Mine was life changing. And it’s the third time I’ve done it! Combined with drugs it can be very powerful.

Vicky81

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 10:33:24 AM »

Hi VL

Yes you are probably right....

And no i didnt seek out CBT, i may look into it as Duloxetine has made some diffrence xx

KarineT

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 10:56:38 AM »

Hi Vicky81,

I experienced what you're describing at in 2019, when I was, what I believed, late peri.  I wasn't having any crying spell until towards the end of 2019.  But this flat mood was weird.  It also brought on lethargy and at times I felt spaced out.  Very strange.  I still don't feel as I was before March 2018, when meno symptoms sort of started and began to cause emotional issues.  I have never been on HRT or ADs so it was not a side effect of these.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 11:51:02 AM »

Have U had a thyroid function and VitD test recently Vicky81?  One shouldn't blame everything onto menopause. 

Sazzle42115

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2022, 06:27:25 PM »

Hi Vicky I have been feeling exactly like this for around 2 years. I have tried all manner of HRT implant now levels at 221 the highest they have been. Tried ADs but they haven't really helped but haven't really struck to anything long term. Tbh I don't know how much more of it I can take. I used to be so laid back, intuitive, funny, kind. I'm just an empty shell and no one seems to be able to help.None of. Y friends have had anything this bad xx

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2022, 07:31:27 PM »

There is usually a physical reason for 'flat moods'.  C if you can get some bloods done.

Vicky81

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2022, 05:47:10 AM »

Hi all

Clkd yes I has tons of blood tests...all fine.. vitamin d the lot! Thyroid all fine u even had a Thyroid scan ..all fine

Karine- yes I agree this isn't the AD..  as I said remember being this way before AD ! It's horrid...it must be low Oestrogen... nothing else it can be right? I was so bubbly.....but a shell now just like sazzle says xxx

Minusminnie

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2022, 07:15:48 AM »

I think perhaps your anxiety/depression is not quite properly controlled yet. That’s the first sign for me that I’m having a little dip, that I dont look forward to anything!

Did you seek out the CBT in the end ? Mine was life changing. And it’s the third time I’ve done it! Combined with drugs it can be very powerful.

And no i didnt seek out CBT, i may look into it as Duloxetine has made some diffrence xx

Karine- yes I agree this isn't the AD..  as I said remember being this way before AD ! It's horrid...it must be low Oestrogen... nothing else it can be right? I was so bubbly.....but a shell now just like sazzle says xxx

Just my opinion but you have nothing to lose by giving CBT as advised by Vanillalover a go.  It would be something personal for you and could make you feel a whole lot better.  You've have mentioned that the Duloxetine has made some difference.  I would build on that rather than questioning for now.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2022, 08:23:52 AM »

:hug:

Vicky81

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2022, 09:46:17 AM »

Awww thank you all xxx

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2022, 10:49:19 AM »

Also - alcohol is a depressant as well as many women going into peri find that tolerance isn't as good as it was when younger ;-).

When very depressed I was unable to read, follow a story line on TV; couldn't be bothered with magazines .......... agitated, my brain wouldn't slow down  :'(. Could it be that your AD is flattening your mood?