Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: HRT withdrawal symptoms?  (Read 5341 times)

Katherine

HRT withdrawal symptoms?
« on: August 08, 2022, 11:03:17 AM »

Hi ladies, I am feeling shocking today with head and body aches, face burning, fast heartbeat, physical exhaustion. I’ve never felt like this. Yesterday I had no oestrogel or utrogestan as there has been a lot of drama at home. Not sure if I should say this but it’s anonymous and well intentioned. My partner sometimes becomes very angry and upset if I’m feeling depressed and it has any link to him and I had thoughts of not being able to live anymore. I have been at the end of my tether for 3 days and ended up not doing my routine. Anyway, does anyone think based of their experience that my physical symptoms could be due to missing just one day of HRT? We are taking steps to address the relationship issues but today I am just really concerned because I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus. Sorry if this is a bit long but I’m not thinking straight and just hoped for some insight or comfort from you ladies. I may delete this post later if it’s possible.

Marchlove

Re: HRT withdrawal symptoms?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 11:18:54 AM »

Hi Katherine

I’m sorry to hear you’re having a rough time recently.
It’s very hard sometimes to distinguish what’s due to menopause or external factors, in your case issues with your partner.
But yes I can confirm similar symptoms to yourself within a day of stopping HRT.
Your body doesn’t like such large fluctuations and goes into panic mode both physically and mentally.
It doesn’t sound like you were well balanced before your recent stopping of the HRT so that probably needs further thought, but in the meantime I would restart.
It’s great that you are taking steps to address your relationship issues and in the meantime don’t feel worried about offloading on this forum, that’s what we’re here for… To Help!
xx

Katherine

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 11:50:38 AM »

Hi Marchlove, thank you for your reply. It is kind of reassuring that my symptoms today are probably just due to the lack of HRT. I have had some estrogel and some strong painkillers but take utrogestan at night so I’ll wait til this evening if I can. I won’t be stopping abruptly again. I’ve taken steps to sort out the other issues so I should be ok soon. I think when we’re ok most of the time and then have a blip it’s easy for people to forget that hormones can be a factor. I feel like getting a T-shirt saying ‘please handle with care, I’m  vulnerable.’! Thanks again, you have helped me feel better. X

Marchlove

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 12:07:14 PM »

Sending big hugs Katherine, another thought for a T shirt is ‘I’m Special and don’t you forget it! X

ElkWarning

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 12:18:27 PM »

I didn't think I had this when I went 'cold turkey' - blood pressure emergency and HRT was likely culprit so needed to be withdrawn.  However, looking back at that time, I believe the sudden fluctuations did negatively impact my mental health and overall sense of well-being.

I hope you return to calmer waters soon, Kathleen.

KarineT

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 12:25:01 PM »

Hi Katherine,

Sorry to hear about this. That's a terrible situation for you.

I can't give you much advice on HRT because I'm not taking it.  You need to be with people who can offer you some support because you've got enough on your plate. You don't need the added stress.

Take care

Karine

Katherine

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2022, 01:00:56 PM »

Thanks so much for your replies ladies, they have given me some comfort. Karine, I am moving out of our home temporarily while we work on our issues just so I have a guaranteed safe emotional space in the meantime. I haven’t got any close friends nearby at the moment due to moving around so much but I’m going to make a big effort to make some new friends in my area. X

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 01:28:52 PM »

:hug:
I'm sorry things are so bad. I haven't gone cold turkey so can't really comment but don't underestimate how much stress can affect you, it can cause as much harm as physical illnesses. My money would be on stress rather than hrt but I may well be wrong. I think you should look after you for the next few days and I hope you feel better soon.

warwick01

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2022, 01:44:24 PM »

Hi Kathleen,

I can tell you if I miss one day of gel I feel so bad. My faced is flushed, nausea, anxiety etc. People say it couldn't be possible as its built up, but it happens. Also when near end of bottle as it must be weaker...

Hope things settle and you get the support you deserve.

Wxx

Katherine

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2022, 02:23:34 PM »

Hi ladies I’ve just tested positive for covid for the first time and I’m unvaccinated (too scared of severe side effects) so that explains why I feel so ill. I’m reading all your replies and they are all really helpful x

Marchlove

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2022, 02:59:47 PM »

Ah Katherine, that would explain it!
Try not to worry, I’ve had covid twice now and I’m not vaccinated.

It’s very important that you rest and drink lots of fluids.

When I got covid in May I stopped my hrt which in hindsight was a mistake. But I resumed after a few weeks and it was only then I stopped feeling so exhausted.

There’s a covid thread going which could be worth you reading. x

Katherine

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2022, 03:28:53 PM »

Hi Marchlove, that’s reassuring. I will take your advice. I have a bit of desk work to do as I’m self employed but I’ll take it slow. My cat is currently supervising everything I do which is lovely!

pepperminty

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2022, 04:57:22 PM »

I forgot my HRT once and woke up feeling dreadful, shaky and sick. I could not work out why, until i went to take my HRT later that day and saw i had forgotten yesterdays!

So i can confirm that it does effect one.

I am sorry that you are having a dreadful time at the moment. Take care of yourself and try some relaxation breathing exercises, and do something that you love. I do not know what your situation is but  Men can feel overwhelmed and assume it is their fault that we are feeling awful. I do hope things improve for you.

Pepperminty xx

Katherine

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2022, 06:24:53 PM »

Thanks Pepperminty. I am looking forward to taking my utrogestan later as I know I will sleep well after it. I have been tempted to share more details of my situation on here but it doesn't feel right but I will say that we are taking steps to try and resolve our problems and I still have hope. In the meantime I just need to look after myself better. x

pepperminty

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2022, 06:29:43 PM »

Thanks Pepperminty. I am looking forward to taking my utrogestan later as I know I will sleep well after it. I have been tempted to share more details of my situation on here but it doesn't feel right but I will say that we are taking steps to try and resolve our problems and I still have hope. In the meantime I just need to look after myself better. x

Bless you, I wish you well.xx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4