Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan Help!  (Read 1638 times)

GW123

• First Flush
Utrogestan Help!
« on: August 04, 2022, 09:58:18 PM »

Hello

I am new to this.  Just started HRT (Oestrogel 2 x pumps daily) two weeks in and yesterday was my first day taking Utrogestan.  After taking my first 2 tablets I spent the next hour in bed convinced they were stuck in my throat.  Really uncomfortable and dreading taking my next 2 tablets tonight.  Just wondered if anyone had any tips on making them easier to swallow?  Shall I try and cut them in half maybe, or is there anything I could maybe drink beforehand to make them go down easier?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated  :)

joziel

Re: Utrogestan Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 11:27:31 PM »

You need to take them on an empty stomach so can only have water with them.

They’re really not stuck in your throat although it can feel like that! Wash them down with several gulps of water.

ATB

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 06:09:42 AM »

I’m terrible with tablets myself and they are round so it can feel a bit strange but drink lots and lots of water before and then with them. No food or other drinks though, nothing 2 hours before taking them and 1 hour after.

alibeau

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 03:47:41 PM »

Yes I have the same thing with these tablets.  I would swear at times they get stuck behind my tonsils.... that's how it feels...

I have found that if I move my head backwards and to one side slowly as I swallow them, that helps, not sure why! If I feel as though one is stuck I just continue to drink water until it feels at though it has moved.

Luckily it doesn't happen too often for me these days.

Good luck.

GW123

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 10:20:28 AM »

Thanks for your replies.

I have taken your advice and drank lots of water beforehand, drank lots after swallowing and then tried not to think too much about it afterwards and it seems to have become a lot easier to manage now.

Thank you  :)

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 01:34:39 PM »

I'm glad it's getting easier. If you find it difficult you could use it vaginally.