Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Moving to continuous utrogestan experiences please!  (Read 667 times)

Clarella

Moving to continuous utrogestan experiences please!
« on: August 05, 2022, 08:23:28 AM »

I don’t bleed till 7-12 days after I stop taking utrogestan, vaginally. I’m also not really coping with the pain, fatigue and joint issues when I have a bleed.

I’m due for review on 75; I don’t really feel it’s high enough yet. Some night sweats, insomnia, burning hands and feet and still brain fogged. But I also had covid a month ago so no idea if that’s caused merry hell again.

‘Periods’ have been v v light on 50 since March  (started in feb), about a day with spotting. I did have covid in Jan and I do think it somehow effected things as periods on 37.5 pre covid were heavier and more normal.

They’re now slightly heavier on 75 but still quite normal and 4 days. Not flooding. This month was a little more (but post second covid) and still 4 days.

I’ve been told that moving to continuous at this stage could result in “a lot of bleeding?” However Gp said to move after a year on hrt (in nov)

I’m thinking of trying it but don’t know if to wait till settled on either 75 or hopefully 100? And maybe try orally?

Did anyone find it was a disaster or  worked really well?

joziel

Re: Moving to continuous utrogestan experiences please!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 10:18:46 AM »

You can for sure try continuous, it's not a life-long commitment - you can go back to sequential if it doesn't work out for you.

I was fine on 100mg utrogestan continuously and up to 75 patch in terms of bleeding and I'm only 44yo and in peri.

If you do get breakthrough bleeding, you can do the version of continuous which is 25 days of progesterone and then 5 days without, to schedule a bleed. Or you can do that every 3 months to schedule a 'pressure releasing' bleed, that is another version. Basically we are led to believe there is continuous (every day) or there is sequential (2 weeks on/off) but actually that's a bit simplistic and there are other ways to use progesterone, as long as you are taking enough to protect your uterus overall. There are women who like it and want to take more of it, yet stay on sequential - so they may just have a shorter break than 2 weeks. And there are progesterone intolerant women who only want to take it for the minimum each month (some just for 10 days) and might need monitoring....

Clarella

Re: Moving to continuous utrogestan experiences please!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 11:16:28 AM »

Ok, thanks for this! I suspect I’d very rarely bleed tbh