Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New to this  (Read 1041 times)

marmalade

• First Flush
New to this
« on: August 02, 2022, 05:20:39 PM »

Hi

I’m 48 and just started Sandrena gel sachets & Utrogesten 100mg. My night sweats, hot flashes and insomnia has massively improved, I also feel less brain fog but…… I need to wee all the time, my bladder always feel full even after peeing, I am also very bloated around the stomach and my breasts are sore (bigger too, but I’m not complaining about that!). I’m 2.5 months in and it’s my first time on HRT.  Is this normal and will it settle down overtime?

Thanks 😊

joziel

Re: New to this
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 05:28:16 PM »

It all sounds normal except for the having to wee more part. You might need some local estrogen - Vagifem pessaries - it's a tiny dose which goes right where it is needed in the vagina and near the bladder (internally). Many women (20%) need to have the local estrogen up there as well as the systemic HRT. You start with a 2 week loading dose every night and then the usual dose is 2x weekly but some women find they need it more often. Ask your GP if you can try some Vagifem. It will take a few weeks/months before you know if it is helping, it's not an overnight fix - but it is addressing the cause.

marmalade

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 05:37:42 PM »

Thank you. That’s very helpful, I’ll speak to my gp

Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 08:46:32 PM »

Good advice.  You don't need an exam or bloods, the GP should prescribe regarding symptoms.

Let us know how you get on.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 10:23:43 PM »

Being bloated round the belly isn't normal. Are you taking utro orally? If so it might be worth trying vaginally as this avoids digestive issues. You can get sore boobs with increased oestrogen but really it should be settling down by now. The bladder issue may well be VA but it could also be a urine infection.