Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Switching from patches to Spray  (Read 1306 times)

Sarah48

Switching from patches to Spray
« on: August 02, 2022, 05:04:21 PM »

Hi Ladies,

I have been using Evorel patches since March but over the last month or so they just aren’t sticking very well. No doubt due to the hotter weather.  I have been given a spray to use instead, and very happy to try it.   Has anyone changed from patch to spray?  If so did you have any problems?

Thankyou 😊

joziel

Re: Switching from patches to Spray
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 05:32:16 PM »

Just double check that the dose of the spray you've been given is the equivalent of the patch you were on.

Even then, it can take some tweaking because different women absorb different products... differently...!

violetbat

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 05:39:57 PM »

I went the other way.
I was on 4 pumps of gel. The supply ran out so was given the spray. All seemed ok for a couple of weeks. I was told to take 2 sprays. My symptoms crept back. i went up to 6 sprays a day and it was still getting worse. I was finally put on patches and I feel so much better. The spray is quite weak=- beware can get my patches to stick even in very hot weather and doing sweaty exercise.

DottyP

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 06:00:04 PM »

I went the other way.
I was on 4 pumps of gel. The supply ran out so was given the spray. All seemed ok for a couple of weeks. I was told to take 2 sprays. My symptoms crept back. i went up to 6 sprays a day and it was still getting worse. I was finally put on patches and I feel so much better. The spray is quite weak=- beware can get my patches to stick even in very hot weather and doing sweaty exercise.

Which patch did you go onto and did you feel worse before better after changing to the patch?

violetbat

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 06:09:04 PM »

Hi was put on Everol 100. I actually felt loads better within the first week. It was noticeable; I felt calmer, the night sweats subsided and the awful knocking in my throat and palpitations stopped. It was better than being on the gel for me too. Now I a couple of months in I feel great. I am also taking testosterone too despite the GP saying it wouldn't help. It has. :)

Pippa52

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 06:12:46 PM »

I was on patches too (both Evorel and later on Estradot).  I found the patches a lot stronger than Lenzetto spray was.  I hope so much it works for you xx

Sarah48

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2022, 08:48:36 PM »

Thankyou Ladies 😊

I will give it a go, but then revert to the patches if anything changes.   Guess I could also get tape to secure the patches.   I went to a spa and the patch came off very quickly and they just keep lifting. 

😊

joziel

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2022, 09:44:32 PM »

What does patches were you on and what dose spray have you been told to take?

Sarah48

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2022, 07:19:06 AM »

I am on Evorel 50 and told to put two sprays on arm in the morning and one spray at night. 

joziel

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2022, 09:29:30 AM »

That sounds right  :)