Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Everol Conti Patches  (Read 1185 times)

jstevens001

• First Flush
Everol Conti Patches
« on: July 31, 2022, 10:03:27 AM »

Hi all - I'm post menopausal (54 years) and commenced Everol Conti 50mg HRT patches in January 2022 following researching after feeling very debilitated with tiredness / aches and pains / hot sweats etc.  Initially I felt amazing and all was well until May when I began with stomach cramps, followed by nausea, acid reflux, headaches and what appeared to be panic / anxiety attacks.  I've had bloods tests / further investigations over the last 8 weeks and they have all proved negative.  Last week I decided to reduce my HRT dose and do feel better, still feeling nausea though.  Spoke with my GP who said come off the HRT :( and see how you go with an appointment booked in August for an HRT review.  Feeling gutted that its looking like I cannot tolerate and obviously worried how I'll cope, anyone else had such severe side effects / any suggestions?  :)

joziel

Re: Everol Conti Patches
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 10:27:13 AM »

hi jtstevens, you might want to come and join us on this thread: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62514.0.html

As there are several of us dealing with similar reactions to HRT and trying to find solutions and ways through.

The short answer is it appears to be due to either too high an estrogen dose or changes we've had to make in dosages or types of estrogen. Typical side effects are insomnia, anxiety, trembling or shaking or throbbing, fluttery palpitations, jerking awake from sleep, episodes of higher than usual blood pressure... If any of that sounds like you, you might want to read the thread above and come join us.

In the first instance, I'd suggest you try taking a lower dose of estrogen. The estrogen in the Evorel Conti is 50mcg and it's kind of locked in there with the progestin fixed as well. I'd suggest trying 25mcg estrogen patch to start with - and a separate progesterone (body identical utrogestan, 100mg nightly - oral capsule). The progesterone has a calming effect and helps with sleep, so that should help as well. Ask your GP about that: A 25mcg estrogen patch and 100mg utrogestan.

jstevens001

• First Flush
Re: Everol Conti Patches
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 01:36:01 PM »

Thanks for the feedback thought I was going mad, as I've felt so rubbish, I've never experienced anything like it..........., I'll have a look at the thread and see how / what others are doing to counteract, certainly can't go on like this that's for sure :)