Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Blood pressure drop on hrt  (Read 1110 times)

Bungo

Blood pressure drop on hrt
« on: August 01, 2022, 09:09:36 AM »

Have had high blood since I was 32( took dianette pill for acne and triggered it as have genetic predisposition). Have been on  same meds for it  for 20 years which controlled it. Started hrt a few months ago and have noticed slight light headedness at times and my blood pressure can be 97/70. Took this morning and was 87/66.  Will go to GP soon and ask for half the dose. Anyone else notice similar drop after starting hrt?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Blood pressure drop on hrt
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 09:11:15 AM »

Morning.  That sudden drop can feel awful!  Let us know what the GP suggests, also - is there anything in the leaflet in the box with the medication?

How is your diet over all?

joziel

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 09:33:11 AM »

Yes, HRT is good for blood pressure and it probably means you need less blood pressure meds now. Hurrah.

I have the opposite issue - usually great blood pressure but episodes of higher than usual blood pressure on HRT. I think they still have no idea about how some of the intricacies of all this work...

Bungo

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2022, 10:03:36 AM »

Morning.  That sudden drop can feel awful!  Let us know what the GP suggests, also - is there anything in the leaflet in the box with the medication?

How is your diet over all?

Super healthy, semi vegan( force myself to eat a portion of cheese each day for my bones but otherwise it's fruit and veg and lots of nuts and pulses and tofu). I may get 24 hour monitor first to make sure it's consistently low. The  occasional lightheadedness isn't bothering  me too much really and doesn't impact on day to day.

ATB

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2022, 11:09:49 AM »

Sounds like a good thing, that’s what my BP usually is around there and it’s fine unless you have symptoms which are problematic. You could monitor and then ask to reduce or remove your high BP medication. If I’m feeling dizzy I know I’m probably not drinking enough water, that’s what a doctor told me anyhow if you’ve got lower BP.

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2022, 01:14:17 PM »

Hello Bungo

I understand that eating a lot of plant food can lower blood pressure so perhaps your diet, meds and now HRT have combined to bring if down further.
I eat a whole foods, plant based now but my blood pressure has always been on the low side. A GP once asked me if I ever felt faint and when I said no, he said I didn't have a problem. A visit to your GP is a good idea and your BP meds may need to be reduced.

Take care.

K.