Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Can cycling make VA worse?  (Read 1115 times)

Bobidy

Can cycling make VA worse?
« on: October 06, 2019, 10:56:12 AM »

I'm thinking of buying an electric bike but just wondering if this could make VA worse?

Wrensong

Re: Can cycling make VA worse?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 11:18:07 AM »

You can get anatomical saddles for women with strategic cut-outs & great big padded armchair-like jobs for comfort too, but not sure whether compatible with the seat posts on an electric bike.  I used to cycle regularly for some years after VA developed & it didn't create additional probs for me, but VA has worsened recently & I no longer cycle due to fears of coming off & breaking a bone (osteopenia).  I do use an exercise bike indoors, but only for 10-20 mins at a time, so nowhere near like time spent out on a road bike.  Hopefully others will be along soon to give their experiences.

Bobidy

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 11:53:58 AM »

That's great thank you. I don't want to spend all that money on the bike and be unable to use it x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 02:52:34 PM »

Go into a shop that sells proper bikes and ask the question.  They may even sell/advise on electric bikes and a really good shop will have seat adjustments to fit most stems.

Where d'y plan to cycle?

There are also appropriate cycling pants - maybe look up a pro-women's cycling team and ask there?

Sweetscarlett

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 06:17:45 PM »

I can no longer cycle due to my VA, in fact I have a bike which I use to enjoy using, but the thought of that hard saddle and the friction and the heat generated in that region 😳  is a complete no no for me.

It's a shame indeed

❤️Ss

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2022, 06:34:08 PM »

Bounce

Ribrab

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2022, 07:02:19 PM »

Many cycle shops offer a saddle fitting service whereby you sit on a saddle that identifies pressure points. A suitable saddle can then be offered that alleviates any added pressure in tricky spots!

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2022, 07:17:14 PM »

We are a Mine of Info  ;D