Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Help anyone please? Really worrying  (Read 1862 times)

Sjb-1969

Help anyone please? Really worrying
« on: July 31, 2022, 10:50:41 AM »

Hi I put a post on here last week.
Just to re cap I was given everol sequi which worked amazingly for about a year but began  to stop working so well around 3 months ago.
I was then put on Everol 75 patches along with progesterone tabs.
I was fine for 7 weeks then all of a sudden I’m getting extreme physical symptoms of anxiety, panicky feelings. Not mentally but the physical symptoms.
I asked on here and was advised maybe try to cut the patch down. I did this and within two days I felt so much better. I put my new patch on on Saturday and cut it down again, but now the physical feelings of anxiety are back. Its awful.
It’s hard to cut the patches effectively because it’s a square patch with rounded edges. I’m marking into thirds then cutting A third in half. I really don’t know what else  to do. I’m clearly getting too much still? As when I cut it down originally I was loads better after a couple of days. Obviously I can’t cut the patch accurately though. Please can anyone help?
Should I consider the pump gel? Would that be better and more accurate? Not sure how it works x many thanks x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Help anyone please? Really worrying
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 12:16:47 PM »

How about using on alternate days?

Perinowpost

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 12:23:16 PM »

How about dropping back to a 50 patch and then you don’t have to faff about with the imprecision of cutting patches?

Also are you on utrogestan continuously for progesterone?  For many of us this can be too much and may not be suiting you x

joziel

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 02:47:00 PM »

Come and join us on this thread, we are all battling estrogen-related side effects and trying to adjust things: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62514.0.html

Your Evorol Sequi was 50mcg of estrogen and then you went up to 75 - but that was too much, it sounds like. You could try 62.5. I can't help with cutting the Evorel patches as I have Estradot  ;D which are sort of rectangular-ish.

It's a bit unusual to be okay for 7 weeks and then to feel like you've got too much again - I wonder if your own estrogen levels (from your ovaries) has increased again so it's too much in combination. Perhaps you only need the 50 again - do you have any Evorel Sequi left, you could try that again?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
REMINDER
Members are not health professionals giving medical advice.  Concerns have been raised about advice being given without any real medical guidance. Always seek information from your doctor.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 09:33:38 AM by Emma »

Sjb-1969

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2022, 04:39:26 PM »

How about using on alternate days?

Thanks that’s worth a thought x x

Sjb-1969

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2022, 04:41:44 PM »

How about dropping back to a 50 patch and then you don’t have to faff about with the imprecision of cutting patches?

Also are you on utrogestan continuously for progesterone?  For many of us this can be too much and may not be suiting you x

I was in 50s so I also thought the same and maybe then cut a 50 in quarters to try?  Yes I’m on everol 75 continuously with utrogestan for 2 weeks. Thanks so much for reply x

Sjb-1969

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2022, 04:43:04 PM »

Come and join us on this thread, we are all battling estrogen-related side effects and trying to adjust things: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62514.0.html

Your Evorol Sequi was 50mcg of estrogen and then you went up to 75 - but that was too much, it sounds like. You could try 62.5. I can't help with cutting the Evorel patches as I have Estradot  ;D which are sort of rectangular-ish.

It's a bit unusual to be okay for 7 weeks and then to feel like you've got too much again - I wonder if your own estrogen levels (from your ovaries) has increased again so it's too much in combination. Perhaps you only need the 50 again - do you have any Evorel Sequi left, you could try that again?

Thanks so much for the reply. He’s maybe my natural levels have increased as I’ve been ok for 7 weeks. It’s hard to cut up these patches to reduce as they are rounded edges x

Stella2

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2022, 08:15:44 AM »

I agree with you about cutting, estrodot also have rounded edges and it's not straight forward to do a calculation...

joziel

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2022, 09:34:01 AM »

It's easy to cut Estradot in half diagonally from one corner to the other. It's a lot harder to cut it into anything else  ;D

Kat36

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2022, 09:55:42 PM »

I was using Evorel & utrogestan too.  It made me physically anxious too as it just seemed like it wasn’t a steady delivery. I’ve moved to Evorel Conti now and feel like this is finally putting me on a more even keel. I’m wondering if at 7 weeks you had reached a certain level and that’s the level you need to be for now. If 75 is too much, use the 50s and increase gradually. I was increasing by an eighth at one point…it might make it easier than chopping a 75. Hope this helps a little.

Emma

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2022, 09:34:17 AM »

REMINDER
Members are not health professionals giving medical advice.  Concerns have been raised about advice being given without any real medical guidance. Always seek information from your doctor.

ATB

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2022, 09:47:19 AM »

Could we get clarification on the above warning? We give medical advice all the time here. It’s hard to know what’s meant by the above warning that appears just on Joziel’s post. Plenty of advice is given every day that’s technically medical by all active members. Otherwise every reply here would be ‘see your doctor’. I don’t see how Joziel’s post is different to any other. Who is concerned by this post?

Kat36

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2022, 11:36:32 PM »

I’ll echo that ATB. Most of what is on here is medical advice.

sheila99

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2022, 09:28:33 AM »

How ironic. Many people ask questions on here because their own gp doesn't know the answer and many times forum members though not medically trained actually know more. And is there anyone really thinks we're all doctors?