Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Feel so sick!  (Read 1763 times)

Spangles

Feel so sick!
« on: August 01, 2022, 02:38:44 PM »

Just ate my lunch,
I had: banana, yogurt, sandwiches, Pringles and a smoothie! (Then I had half a box of Ferraro richer) just because they were there! I feel so sick now, it’s made me have an anxiety attack, can’t stop sweating! This doesn’t usually happen. What can I do, I can’t face anything’s to drink. What can I do, I feel awful.
Thanks
Spangles
xXx
P.S. I think it was the Ferraro rocker that did it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 02:41:22 PM by Spangles »

getting_old

Re: Feel so sick!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 03:18:45 PM »

Sit down and take deep breaths and try to do something to distract you
Do you have anything ginger? Tiny bites of anything ginger should help calm your stomach

Gnatty

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 03:29:46 PM »

I think you have probably had a bit of sugar crash. It feels awful I know, but it will pass. You just have to remember not to do it again!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2022, 03:34:08 PM »

Hi Spangles. I hope the sickness has passed now. It is such a horrid feeling. I find lying down and trying to take deep breaths helpful.

Spangles

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2022, 05:14:45 PM »

Hello lovely ladies,
Thank you for your replies. I’ve had a lie down and eventually regulated myself, even had a little sleep. I just feel so tired now and have heartburn! Such a silly glutton!
xXx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2022, 05:16:14 PM »

Hello lovely ladies,
Thank you for your replies. I’ve had a lie down and eventually regulated myself, even had a little sleep. I just feel so tired now and have heartburn! Such a silly glutton!
xXx

It sounds to me like you felt like some comfort food. Do not beat yourself up over this. I hope you have some gaviscon for the heartburn.

C.C.

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2022, 06:46:37 PM »

Hope you're feeling better! It's so easy to over-indulge, we all do it now and again.  :)

I had a similar experience but only with espresso (I'm caffeine-sensitive). A few years ago, I felt particularly drowsy one morning and I decided to make one of dh's Nespresso espressos, 20 minutes later I had a full-on panic attack. I was alone so I had to call my neighbour to come and sit with me until I could calm down.  It was the worst feeling ever and once I calmed down, all I could think was "what on earth did you do that for?".  Never again. ::)

Spangles

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2022, 07:15:03 PM »

Thank you @flossieteacake, just feel very tired now. And @C.C. I don’t do any type of caffeine for exactly that reason xXx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2022, 07:20:01 PM »

Thank you @flossieteacake, just feel very tired now. And @C.C. I don’t do any type of caffeine for exactly that reason xXx

It is understandable to feel tired as your body is working harder to process the food. I hope you can get a good nights sleep.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2022, 08:06:33 PM »

I've had to stop eating Ferroro Roche as it is far too sweet/sickly for me  >:(

Lesson learnt ?  ;)

Spangles

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2022, 08:12:47 PM »

CLKD,
I’ve always eaten lots of chocolate, like several bars a day, even a whole box of chocolates watching TV, etc. just lately I’m really struggling with it. Think I just ate them as they were there. I’m not craving chocolate like I used to anymore. I’ve been a severe chocoholic for my entire adult life, with serious cravings for it. Something’s changing because I no longer crave! I don’t suppose it’s a bad thing though.
xXx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2022, 08:31:29 AM »

Me and You both then!  Mum kept me alive with chocolate buttons when I was a baby, sitting up in the pram on long walks; one for her, 1 for me. 

In 1995 when the weather was really hot, I couln'dt be b othered to walk to the village shop, it would have taken about 10 mins. all round - I was out of chocolate and after a few days, realised that my body felt less sluggish.  So certainly my gut had altered how I processed sugars.

Now I have one stick of 'twirl' for pudding: lunch time and evening.  Two and I feel uuurrrgh  ::)

How R U this morning?  MayB cut back on the chocolate: keep to 1 type for 3 days to see how you feel?  I fancy a box of Black Magic  8)