Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Feeling dreadful  (Read 1935 times)

Jan1234

Re: Feeling dreadful
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2022, 09:45:17 AM »

They will not do blood tests to check hormones ive asked dozens of times, ive had thyroid bloods done all ok, im 58 this year and def menapausal,  Its this hrt im on im positive of that when i was taken of hrt over xmas when waiting to have polyps removed didnt bleed at all

joziel

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2022, 09:55:17 AM »

Jan, that's a shame. Did you know you can do a home blood test yourself using Medichecks? Unfortunately I cannot give you a link for this or the admin here will delete this post, but if you google for 'Medichecks' you will find it. It's a finger**** blood test. Their HRT blood test includes FSH.

The estrogen result might not be accurate if you are using oestrogel though because it will be on your fingers (no matter how well you wash them) and that can give you incredibly high results for estrogen. But the FSH will be accurate. You could use your toes(!) instead of your fingers if you wanted the estrogen result to be accurate too although I've not heard from anyone who's done that  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2022, 09:59:30 AM »

Blood tests are reliably unreliable.  Medics should listen to women and work out a regime on symptoms.

joziel

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2022, 10:03:24 AM »

I think they might be relevant.

If her estrogen level is 1500, it might possibly explain the bleeding. Or even if it is 900.

If her FSH is low still, she is peri-menopausal and can be expected to bleed - no matter what age she is and how few women at 58 would still be.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2022, 11:03:46 AM »

:thankyou:

Jan1234

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2022, 11:33:26 AM »

Thanks everyone it be worth a shot to have a look and doing my own test nothing to loose,  i dont expect much from gynecology as them sorting my hrt out as they always leave  that side of it with gp to sort out but will have peace of mind that no polyps are back ive had 4 cervical ones removed in the past 3 years and last year a large one from my womb even though im not looking forward to going back there least they will check me out its just as im getting older im stressing terrible, there was so many questions i wantedbto ask my gp yesterday was even going ask her about going back on the kliofem unfortunately she rushed my appointment that i totally forgot as i couldnt really get a word in with her.

ATB

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2022, 11:40:53 AM »

If you want to use Medi checks to test while using any gels or creams that could interfere with a finger **** test, then you can opt to either have a nurse come to do a blood draw or at a private clinic that they recommend or you can sort it yourself. I took a kit from them to my local hospital in London once and they simply opened it and used it and there was no charge, I sent the blood back myself.

Ayesha

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2022, 12:29:56 PM »

Your brain is probably all over the place and the best advice I can give you is to write everything down you want to ask the health professionals, be ready when you are next in conversation with them.

Your case in not straight forward when it comes to HRT because you easily develop polyps, you must have a lot of questions to ask.
Do keep us up to date with your progress, it will help others.

Jan1234

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2022, 12:46:49 PM »

Will do ayesha thanks, going 2 go away tonight for a few days break well needed in a matter of 1 week had a tooth infection, tooth extraction and a heavy bleed and infection gone in my eye , i get everything at bloody once and it lingers in for weeks thankyou all great advice on here
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 01:01:59 PM by Jan1234 »
Pages: 1 [2]