Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: No Sandrena available  (Read 817 times)

pinkmarshmallow

No Sandrena available
« on: July 30, 2022, 02:15:29 PM »

Running out again and no Sandrena available.  My anxiety is horrible and this is not helping.  Having to ring round pharmacies to check every few days is difficult.  They haven’t got the time to answer a phone plus it takes ages to get hold of the GP surgery as they’re suffering staff shortages.  It’s such a nightmare situation for everyone.  I’ve tried Lenzetta but all sweats, insomnia and early morning anxiety surges hit hard.  Thinking of getting an online private consultation as getting desperate but the cost is a lot.  Anyone had success with this option?  Thanks.

Tinkerbell

Re: No Sandrena available
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 02:24:58 PM »

Can you try Oestrogel?

pinkmarshmallow

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022, 04:39:16 PM »

Is that the pump one?  If so, I’ll need 4 pumps a day I think for it to be equivalent.  Thanks I’m just so worried about how bad I could feel again changing.  All these phone calls! 

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 05:41:25 PM »

Yes it is the pump one, i recently went back on it and managed to get my hands on 4 bottles of it.

Diggers

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2022, 06:02:49 PM »

Can anyone tell me if you can dispense half of a pump from Oestrogel? I’m thinking of changing from patches 62.5 so I need two and a half pumps of the gel.

Suziemc

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2022, 07:49:00 AM »

Can anyone tell me if you can dispense half of a pump from Oestrogel? I’m thinking of changing from patches 62.5 so I need two and a half pumps of the gel.

Hi - yes you can dispense less than a full pump of Oestrogel, just by not pressing the top down fully. But it would be trial and error as to whether you get half a dose. Guess you could use some micro-scales to weigh what you dispense.

Diggers

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2022, 11:24:18 AM »

Thank you, I have an appointment Thursday so I’m going to ask to try the gel.

Any tips on when to apply morning or evening? So I would use 2 1/2 pumps do I apply in one go or split it?

Suziemc

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2022, 12:13:49 PM »

I apply all in one go (prescribed 2 pumps, tried 3 for a while but went back to 2) and I apply in the mornings, after my shower. This works for my routine as it dries whilst I'm drying my hair/faffing around before I get dressed. I know other people prefer evenings as it suits them better. I was applying it to my arms but then, as the weather improved and I wanted to use sunscreen fairly soon after applying it, I changed to my thighs. 

I think just apply it when it suits your own routine and when you know you can easily leave limbs exposed for the 5 mins it takes to dry.

Good luck! Hope it works for you

Sue

Diggers

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2022, 01:20:41 PM »

Thank you,
That’s really helpful.
I’ll probably do it in the evening after my shower, I’m a bit nervous of changing but really want to try as I’m not sure I am absorbing the Estradot patches very evenly also in the hope it may help with sleep 🤞