Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bleeding  (Read 1225 times)

Flamingo

Bleeding
« on: July 24, 2022, 06:55:11 AM »

I’m 2 weeks into Femoston 2/10 - I take half in the morning and half at night however I have started a bleed.  I’m on a continuous regime to try and stop bleeds as I’m struggling with anaemia.  Should I just keep taking and the bleed will stop or is it best to stop and allow bleed? I’m not sure what to do. Would appreciate some advice please?

joziel

Re: Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 07:53:07 AM »

Keep taking it.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2022, 08:03:07 AM »

I agree keep taking it. Are you still also on the patches?

Taz x

Flamingo

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2022, 08:06:07 AM »

No I’ve gone patch free!  I feel better on Femoston tablets but worried about bleeding dragging me down.

Flamingo

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2022, 08:11:24 AM »

I’m going on holiday in a weeks time and I don’t want to be bleeding….I was looking forward to being on tablets and not worrying about the patch and swimming 🙄

Nas

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2022, 08:28:59 AM »

Keep taking the tablets, if on a continuous regime. Hopefully it should settle down 🤞

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2022, 10:58:14 AM »

You have to give conti HRT up to six months for the bleeding to stop. Some women get no bleeding during this time and some get continuous bleeding. Hope it doesn't impact on your holiday.

Taz x

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2022, 05:08:00 PM »

You have to give conti HRT up to six months for the bleeding to stop. Some women get no bleeding during this time and some get continuous bleeding. Hope it doesn't impact on your holiday.

Taz x
  Maybe longer. I didn't start bleeding until I had been on full size patches for 3 months and I still get an occasional very light bleed after 3 years.

Janey C

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2022, 02:55:39 PM »

I’m 2 weeks into Femoston 2/10 - I take half in the morning and half at night however I have started a bleed.  I’m on a continuous regime to try and stop bleeds as I’m struggling with anaemia.  Should I just keep taking and the bleed will stop or is it best to stop and allow bleed? I’m not sure what to do. Would appreciate some advice please?

Hi Flamingo
I would go back to your doctor on this and make sure they haven’t made a mistake in your prescription (as I have just discovered that mine has, but that’s another story).

Femoston and Femoston-conti (as in ‘continuous’ - it refers to the levels of hormones in the tablets as well being taken continuously) are *not* the same thing.

Femoston-conti (available in 0.5/2.5 mg and 1.0/5 mg doses) delivers a continuous level of the oestrogen- and progesterone-mimicking hormones and (other than some women experiencing a bleed while things settle down) should not cause any bleeding.  It is described as suitable for women who have not had a period for at least a year.

Femoston 2/10 (also available as 1/5 mg) is an HRT of two parts and does not deliver the same levels of hormones for the whole pack.  You take the oestrogen-only tablets for two weeks, followed by the oestrogen/progesterone tablets for two weeks.  Then continue the same for each pack in turn.  From what I can gather from my own research this combination of hormones appears to roughly mimic the menstrual cycle.  It is described as suitable for women who have not had a period for at least six months.

I hope this clarifies the difference between the two HRT products and that you get sorted. xx